Gina and F104 G

Thread: Gina and F104 G

Gina and F104 G

Just wondering if anybody else is having an issue with the throttle for both the Gina and TF104 G from Sim Skunk Works since the update SU7?

With the Gina I push the slider forward on the joystick and the chute comes out and goes to idle, and for the TF104 it is either on AB and the goes down to 50%

I'm having kinda spooky behavior too in MSFS lately.... While still on the runway prior take-off, throttle going full forward all of a sudden and stays there (scares the hell outta me ! ), when i try to move the pedals they'll slowly move back to the default position, same with the trimwheel, move it forward/backward and it'll slowly return to the mid position.

Additional problem: i installed a third party Replay/FlightControl program and started using Showcase camera at the same time. So i am not sure if this or the update has anything to do with it. Took a while to realize it could be the MSFS AI co-pilot fooling around with me, i disabled all his actions and kicked him off my plane and thought to be done with it but i wasn't....

Spooky behavior went on just like before. And it didn't make a difference which aircraft i tried, they are ALL possessed !

I removed the Replay program and stopped using the Showcase camera and tried evrything else in the book to stop this lunetic behavior but all to no avail. Sometimes it seems all's normal again but then, out of the blue and all of a sudden there goes my throttle again, up to the wall ! And there's nothing i can do about it...

First time ever i'm having serious trouble with MSFS. In a way i'm glad it seems i'm not the only one... ;-)

Btw, my MSFS installation is from Steam, never a problem with any of the updates no matter how big, all furry feathered and silky smooth.

Anybody else ??..... Please, we need an Exorcist ! Badly !

You need to bind throttle1 to your throttle rather than the throttle axis, fixes both

happened to me also. Not only on the Gina (can't talk about the 104 'cause I don't own it), but on other planes too.

Turned out the update changed the assistance options - piloting to easy. Setting the options back to what they were before got rid of those problems.

All the other planes seem to work with no issue.

Getting weirder and weirder...

A bit earlier tried loading MSFS for the first time today : Hangs at one of the loading screens, only ctrl/alt/del to get back to desktop. Never, i mean NEVER happend before !...

Just tried again, no problem whatsoever, on the tarmac within a few minutes. Used a safe-flight with the F3F. All problems there, erratic behavior of the throttle (not going to the wall for now), pedals returning to neutral on their own, trimwheel returning to neutral if moved. Hopeless! Load the Cessna Skyhawk (dev mode) all's well ! No, not all....trimwheel still returns to mid position after turning it (with mouse, deactivated stick switch).

Also, all of a sudden, no more top menu ! No little arrow turns up at the top of screen..... (might there be a key assigned to the top menu ?...)

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    You need to bind throttle1 to your throttle rather than the throttle axis, fixes
    both
    Keith, until now i have always had my throttle (either on a flightstick or seperate) on 'throttle axis'. Changing to 'throttle1' didn't make a difference.... Does work now after changing to the Skyhawk. Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    happened to me also. Not only on the Gina (can't talk about the 104 'cause I don't own it), but on other planes too.
    Thanks, good to know! ( sorry..;-)

Turned out the update changed the assistance options - piloting to easy.
    HOLY-MOLY!! That's it !!

Thank you so much, Italflyer !! Who'd think of that ! ( i certainly didn't, completely forgat about that wreched Assistance thingy ! ) Pretty inconsiderate of Asobo to say the least...

Just out of curiosity, Italflyer, where exactly did you come to know about it ?....
    Grazie Mille, Amico !!

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Getting weirder and weirder...

Just out of curiosity, Italflyer, where exactly did you come to know about it ?....
    Grazie Mille, Amico !!
    Prego!

I Don't remember.

Think I had it when I tried the new Asobo Pilatus Porter. Googled and on some forum the same issue was discussed.

Prego!

I Don't remember.

Think I had it when I tried the new Asobo Pilatus Porter. Googled and on some forum the same issue was discussed.
    Ah, Ok ! Thanks!

Remarkable that it seems to have been applied already a few months ago.... I've been having this problem only since a few days.

Anyway, thanks mucho again, Italflyer! Sure made my day !!

Glad to help!

I found help on this site so many times now, just giving back some of it......

Read about it happens from time to time when restarting the sim, but it never happend to me again.

Well, I think its just MSFS beeing MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    All the other planes seem to work with no issue.
    Your throttle problems solved now too once you re-arranged Assistance, Noddy ?

Btw, thanks for bringing it up. ;-)

Well, I think its just MSFS beeing MSFS
    Absolutely !

I found help on this site so many times now, just giving back some of it......
    Thanks so much again !

Just a big thanks to all for helping to sort this issue out,

Members who have read this thread: 0