Pearl Harbour Scenery Problem

Thread: Pearl Harbour Scenery Problem

Pearl Harbour Scenery Problem

Now this is a bit weird! I have installed Pearl Harbour scenery (very nice indeed) and have all the requiste parts in place but I have relentless 'can't load the scenery' messages even though all the mdl. names,bldg and dp. objects are in place and synchronised. All the objects show up in Martin Wright's editor so I'm at a complete loss as to what if anything can be done to remove the error messages. The sim does load eventually but it's rather annoying. Is it scenery overload. There are a great many objects in the scenery?

Which scenery package are you using? The original PHP package always seemed to load and work fine for me, but Dombral's package set was too many objects for my rig and I got what you are describing.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Pearl harbour scener

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    Which scenery package are you using? The original PHP package always seemed to load and work fine for me, but Dombral's package set was too many objects for my rig and I got what you are describing.
    Thanks Kurt for replying to my post. I originally had the ETO upgrade installed but started getting corruptions in scenery load outs so I wiped everything and went back to base stock scenery. From there I started with the Pearl Harbour PHP2 installation. There are a number of contributors so all I know is it is the PHP2 version. Perhaps I need the original version if this is still available. I'm now getting crashes on all start ups so I guess I'll have to go back to square one unless some here knows another solution.

Library Staff
    If you only install PHP2 dated June 2018 over stock scenery you shouldn't have any trouble. Rami and I went over the package, making a few minor fixes and including some missing textures.
    Good luck!
    Kevin
    Last edited by kdriver; January 13th, 2022 at 01:32.

Pearl Harbour

Thanks guys for the help. Well I don't know what went wrong but I did another wipe out completely and reinstalled again and it's all working now. I can only think the previous installs corrupted somehow. Computers who needs 'em!
    However you should probably know there are a lot more scenery parts needed to make Pearl Harbour work than are mentioned in the installation readmes. These take some finding but fortunately I had all of them downloaded from previous installs. Just saying! Once again thanks for the support.

My son has 2 installs of this from his uncles ( Talon ) computer,from what I was told the 1 is the original Pearl Harbor by Crashaz and not the one that was released.He was part of the project and did alot of testing for Crashaz.From what I can see the original install was from 2003.

I think some of the old textures was given to some members doing an upgrade to it a few years ago.

Hiede

Don't forget that CFS 2 exe dates from pre 64 bit OS times.

It is limited in the amount of virtual resources it can see (and use).

Apply the 4GB patch to help the exe access more resources, it may help with complex sceneries like PHP

Get it here ... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=9735

Members who have read this thread: 1