Breguet XIV A2 and B2 versions

Thread: Breguet XIV A2 and B2 versions

Breguet XIV A2 and B2 versions

Multitasking - not really good at it but ..... while working on 87 Days I've also been working on this pair. In addition to painting, I still need to do the air files, panel and a few odds and ends. The Bregeut built A2 will be French and has a fixed lower wing, Darne MGs and no bomb rack. The Michelin built B2 will be American and has full span lower wing flaps, Lewis MGs, fuselage windows, and bomb racks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	179.2 KB 
ID:	85921

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	85922
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Luverly stuff there CK!

Yes, doing everything is a real slog at times, but the end result is always (mostly! lol) satisfying.

Cheers

Shessi

+1 - wot Mark said!

which is just as well given the lack of engagement in this forum these days ...

Superb detailing Kurt, very well done.

One of the classics and well on the track to being a must have in the WWI hangar

Thanks Kurt!

Looks great again! Its amazing to see how fast you can create these nice models!

Cheers,
    Huub

Oh, another one! Trully classic ww1 aeroplane.

Looks great. Many thanks for yet another aeroplane for the CFS 2 WW1 hangar.

Much appreciated

Cheers

I must admit that I am not an enthusiast of WWI aircraft .
    But I admire your skill and efficiency .

fani

Library Staff
    Looking forward to these models Kurt - thanks very much!

Kevin

Breguet XIV A2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Breguet built XIV A2 of French escadrille Br.11, November 1917

The Breguet XIV

This aircraft was the outstanding French day bomber/reconnaissance aircraft of World War I. The Breguet XIV A2 reconnaissance version and the Breguet XIV B2 bomber equipped at least 71 French escadrilles on the Western Front by November 1918 and were also used by units in Serbia, Greece, Macedonia and Morocco. The prototype flew for the first time on 21 November 1916. Following successful deployment by the French, the type was also ordered by the Belgian Army (40 aircraft) and the United States Army Air Service (over 600 aircraft). Around half the Belgian and US aircraft were fitted with Fiat A.12 engines due to shortages of the original Renault 12F. By the end of World War I, some 5,500 Breguet 14s had been produced. and some 8,000 of the type were built up to 1926. Production was spread over eight manufacturers; Breguet, Michelin, Renault, Farmen, Darracq, Bellanger, Schmitt, and SIDAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The model, textures. panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart.

Gauges are by Martin Klein, and Microsoft

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Breguet XIV A2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Breguet XIV B2

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: Michelin built XIV B2 of USAS 96th Aero Squadron

The Breguet XIV

This aircraft was the outstanding French day bomber/reconnaissance aircraft of World War I. The Breguet XIV A2 reconnaissance version and the Breguet XIV B2 bomber equipped at least 71 French escadrilles on the Western Front by November 1918 and were also used by units in Serbia, Greece, Macedonia and Morocco. The prototype flew for the first time on 21 November 1916. Following successful deployment by the French, the type was also ordered by the Belgian Army (40 aircraft) and the United States Army Air Service (over 600 aircraft). Around half the Belgian and US aircraft were fitted with Fiat A.12 engines due to shortages of the original Renault 12F. By the end of World War I, some 5,500 Breguet 14s had been produced. and some 8,000 of the type were built up to 1926. Production was spread over eight manufacturers; Breguet, Michelin, Renault, Farmen, Darracq, Bellanger, Schmitt, and SIDAM.

The A2 reconnaissance version was followed into production by the B2 bomber version in the summer of 1917, the latter differing in having Breguet-designed automatic full span flaps on the lower wings, lower wing mounted bomb racks, and transparent panels in the sides of the observer's cockpit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The model, textures, bomb, panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart.

Gauges are by Martin Klein, and Microsoft

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Breguet XIV B2
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Great work Kurt! Outstanding representations of a very important aircraft.

Thank you

Superb CK!

Everything's so good, the modelling, detail, tex...just beautiful..many thanks...

Cheers

Shessi

Chalk another one up for CK

SOH-CM-2024
    Once again, hat in hand, head bowed... well done! Thanks for all the efforts!

-Mike Z.

Icon22 Reply....

Captain Kurt,

These models are outstanding; thank you for all of your hard work!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Captain Kurt,

many thanks for these outstanding ww1 classics for CFS 2

much appreciated, going to download

Mike

Beautiful models, so many details, wow!
    Thank you, Kurt!

Wonderfully detailed model,
    Thanks Kurt
    Giuseppe

Thanks all, I'm glad you like them -- enjoy.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thank you!!! This is killer job once again!!!

Can we expect a French skin for the B2 in the future?

Members who have read this thread: 0