F4 corsair makeover?

Thread: F4 corsair makeover?

F4 corsair makeover?

Will we see a new version or update of existing corsairs in the game. They seem outdated a bit. or an upgrade like the recent mustangs and spitfires? I dont see any standalones either in the library so was just wondering

Interesting subject! The one I have in my installs could do with a better VC but the external model doesn't seem so bad (although I haven't studied it thoroughly). And we don't have 'real' carriers to land on. I have been drooling a bit over the DCS version that is being developed: https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...11#post1281211. If only...

There are original blueprints in the Air Corps Library but there is so much to do, so little time and so few people working on aircraft anyway...

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2020
    According to my fuzzy memory there was an AH Corsair package with quite a variety of models and skins? Not sure how to find it these days. The ETO version is probably just as good. There is an AvHistory V4 flight model version in the Warbirds library http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=105&id=3209.

All the Corsairs we have for CFS3 have their own problems. Both the freeware F4U-1A and the AH payware are too short and stocky looking, while the F4U-4 captures the overall shape better but unfortunately it's indeed a -4 that has very little historical value for WWII. Ironically enough the most Corsair-looking one is the stock CFS2 version but again that doesn't help much.

Some of the AH Corsair can be found as former "donationware"in our library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=149

and when you download them you could still consider to make a donation.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the heads up ! Forgot that was donationware ,here at SOH. Bought it many years ago... Regards,Scott

Yes, the DCS version in worls got me thinking of a cfs 3 update in the future. Ya never know

I was looking at my external HDD and I think I saw the gmax sources for one of my rebuild of the stock CFS2 F4U. Not sure if it was the sources for the the British clipped wing Mk.II or early "Birdcage" F4U-1 I made for CFS2. If anyone fluent in CFS3 gmax want the source (not sure what version I saw) I can upload it to a google drive or something like that for them.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 0