Conversion Blues

Thread: Conversion Blues

Icon22 Conversion Blues

I have tried to convert the USAAC Boeing B-9 for FSX at Flyawaysimulation.com to CFS2. No luck The model has two MDL files and the texture files are in dds. I think someone in the world could have the skill and know how to convert this aircraft. It is too much for me. If anyone has converted it please let me know. If I can help in this happening please inform me.

Native FSX models can't be ported back to FS04/FS02 or CFS2 with MDLC. The only way you are getting a FSX model to CFS2 is by using Model Convert X and saving the model as a .3ds *3DS Max object (*3DS) MCX 1.30 or 3DS Max (old) (*3ds) 1.50* Loading the .3ds into gMax and rebuilding it. (Reapplying textures, part naming and linking, and re-animating it. ) After rebuilding it you can export it as FS2004 model that MDLC can convert back to CFS2.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon22 That is Helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Native FSX models can't be ported back to FS04/FS02 or CFS2 with MDLC. The only way you are getting a FSX model to CFS2 is by using Model Convert X and saving the model as a .3ds *3DS Max object (*3DS) MCX 1.30 or 3DS Max (old) (*3ds) 1.50* Loading the .3ds into gMax and rebuilding it. (Reapplying textures, part naming and linking, and re-animating it. ) After rebuilding it you can export it as FS2004 model that MDLC can convert back to CFS2.
    I guess I will need to fine someone that is smart and can do all the different things to convert this aircraft. There are many aircraft from the 20s and 30s that are not available because no one knows about the Air race to build a air force after world War one. The French, German, Japanese were trying all the different models no one has seen. The Dutch made many models that are a joy to fly. Yet no one has taken the lead in making these aircraft. so many new planes missed.

Members who have read this thread: 0