Update 7?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update 7?

Update 7?

Got pinged during the app launch to do a mandatory update. Apparently there is an update 7 today? Upon finishing the update, the .exe for the sim is gone and I cannot launch the sim. So attempting a reinstall now. Anyone else having issues?
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

no probs here, for once everything updated perfectly
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Having to reinstall all 115.03 GiB. I don't understand. ;-(

SOH-CM-2024
    I get Mandatory build, go to the store and nothing?

The update wiped out the flightsim package files apparently. So having to reinstall. Hope I can port over the community folder. Still on Win10, I wonder if that was the problem? I'll see what happens after the new install.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I get Mandatory build, go to the store and nothing?
    I received this as well. The store had noting on the update. But I found the update in the Xbox app. Update appeared to download and install. But the game disappeared off my pc entirely. The package files for the sim seem to have been eliminated with the update on my machine. So reinstalling now and will see what happens after that.

There were some specific instruction issued on their forum early this morning - different methods to invoke the update depending on whether you were a console or PC user and whether you were an existing Beta user or not.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (453).jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	85943

Quote Originally Posted by collensr View Post
    There were some specific instruction issued on their forum early this morning - different methods to invoke the update depending on whether you were a console or PC user and whether you were an existing Beta user or not.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (453).jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	242.5 KB 
ID:	85943
    Did the update as per, but something happened. So... still 36% on the download and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I received this as well. The store had noting on the update. But I found the update in the Xbox app. Update appeared to download and install. But the game disappeared off my pc entirely. The package files for the sim seem to have been eliminated with the update on my machine. So reinstalling now and will see what happens after that.
    Just looking at the the size of the so called 'customer base' I'll find it rather unliklythat there will be no SNAFU whats-o-ever . . . . I have to admit that this SU7(b?) hit me by surprise this evening but ran smooth as silk an with some resonable speed - pretty much like the others before: Thanks ASOBO!
    Got a ton of extra X-Box liveries I never asked for

The BIG ups came when I looked into the Content Manager: Deluxe + Premium Upgrade, anything about Reno and the JU52 still needed some extra love . . . . . . . still downloading , having a beer, having a 2nd beer, waiting . . . . . .
    They all start with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience .
    The trick is, to fill the bag with experience before you run out of luck . . .

SOH-CM-2023
    The update was a surprise. Started at the store and an update completed there. Then went to MSFS and update info was displayed showing:
    232 KIB/679GIB
    Chose to update and 716MIB loaded in 2min and the sim started showing version 1.2.18.0 ???
    That did not seem to go to completion so I restarted MSFS and there was no indication there was anything else to install.
    So now what to do?? Wait for SU8?

I always go to the MS Store first - before opening MSFS - and there when checking on updates saw that MSFS had already been 'Updated' - which means that the DL packet was sent to my PC.
    So when I opened MSFS there was the notice 'Your update is ready to install" so I click install and it went just fine. Content manager then had four aircraft updates ready to install - so I installed those without a problem.

Reno was updated as well as the MSFS version that I purchased 'Deluxe' I think..

Anyway - since I have been checking the MS Store first, before opening flight sim I've had no troubles. It was only when I opened MSFS and then was directed to the Store and then back to the sim that I had problems with updates.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Thanks for the HU. Downloading core update via the Store now and my Community folder is moved to the desktop in preparation for the main update.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Download size for the update started at around 350 MB. Then it started looping on the FSBase folder - 55/61. Had to shut down and restart. Now it's 8 GIGS!!!

Update - 53 minutes later and it's finally done.
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; January 6th, 2022 at 14:53.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Question, how many addons did this update Nuke? I ran Dino's F-35 immediately post update and no CTD's but I am hearing other models are being affected.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    The update was a surprise. Started at the store and an update completed there. Then went to MSFS and update info was displayed showing:
    232 KIB/679GIB
    Chose to update and 716MIB loaded in 2min and the sim started showing version 1.2.18.0 ???
    That did not seem to go to completion so I restarted MSFS and there was no indication there was anything else to install.
    So now what to do?? Wait for SU8?
    I went into content manager and found two MSFS programs needing updating, 2.21 and 2.47 GIB taking about 5 min on a fast fiber line. I guess I'm fully loaded with the update now.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Question, how many addons did this update Nuke? I ran Dino's F-35 immediately post update and no CTD's but I am hearing other models are being affected.
    I lost the Whittaker MWL. It does not appear in MSFS under owned or the full catalog. All other purchases, 8 of them, still show in owned and installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Thanks for the HU. Downloading core update via the Store now and my Community folder is moved to the desktop in preparation for the main update.
    Tom, it's absolutely not necessary. You just need to rename the Community folder for the time of update like "_Community" for example. Update will create another, own and empty new Community folder. It is enough. No time is wasted in duplicating this .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    I lost the Whittaker MWL. It does not appear in MSFS under owned or the full catalog. All other purchases, 8 of them, still show in owned and installed.
    DUH. My mistake. Whittaker is a flightsimto aircraft.

I'm Back! After 8 hours of a full re-install, we are finally running again. Even with my original Community folder now loaded, the most notable difference is the much faster load time (maybe 30% less), from launching the game to the runway. All of my payware aircraft seem to be working just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Tom, it's absolutely not necessary. You just need to rename the Community folder for the time of update like "_Community" for example. Update will create another, own and empty new Community folder. It is enough. No time is wasted in duplicating this .
    My sim is in the default location on my C: drive, so dragging that folder takes less than a half-second to move. My secondary drive is 1 TB, but it's a spinner, so I don't try to run any sim files from there. I just use it as storage. At some point, I want to get a 1 TB NVME and have my current OS cloned onto that, but I'm OK there for now.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I'm Back! After 8 hours of a full re-install, we are finally running again. Even with my original Community folder now loaded, the most notable difference is the much faster load time (maybe 30% less), from launching the game to the runway. All of my payware aircraft seem to be working just fine.
    30% less load time? I'm all ears! Did you change anything, or do you think it's the result of a clean install?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Its a good idea always after the new big update clear shaders (manually) in settings of MSFS (data tab). I do this every now and then and it always makes my loading faster for a while.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I got looping once on the C152 during the update but restating the sim fixed that as usual.

However I'm now getting lots of CTD's, anywhere from while the sim starts up to half an hour into a flight.
    The only thing I have in the community folder at the moment is the fsuipc-lvar-module folder but there hasn't been any reports on the FSUIPC forum about it causing CTD's yet. I guess I could try uninstalling FSUIPC to see if that's it but if it isn't it looks like I'm in for a full reinstall of MSFS

UPDATE: Well that wasn't it, uninstalled FSUIPC so I now have an empty community folder, started a test flight and taxing out to the active and bam CTD
    Last edited by Dangerous Beans; January 8th, 2022 at 07:09.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    30% less load time? I'm all ears! Did you change anything, or do you think it's the result of a clean install?Priller
    No explaination other than a 100% clean install. I also noticed along with my update problems, several file folders on my desktop disappeared entirely and no recovery can find them. Gone, just like the package file for the sim. Very strange. Happy to be running again, but what a painful experience.

Members who have read this thread: 0