AH F3F GGrumman Barrel is out
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AH F3F GGrumman Barrel is out

AH F3F Grumman Barrel is out

Simmarket has it and now so do I - but there are a couple of issues.

The elevator is almost fully deflected (animation) and barely moves with control input - but the plane reacts in flight model to those inputs - it's just the animation that needs to be fixed.

There is flickering canopy glass at the windscreen just above the telescope gunsight.

The ATC/radio cuts out and then is intermittent with the ATC window notice that 'Electrical system must be on for the radio to function' but it is ON

Some may also think the engine sounds a bit...light for a big radial
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Some issues are already being addressed. Also, some people are reporting extremely low frame rates flying off grass and dirt. We are currently looking into it.
    With regard to the elevator, check that the elevator trim is in neutral.

Thanks Baz - I have not flown it off anything but a concrete runway yet so I cant confirm the FPS issue - I did not note any problems with FPS in my flight

I'm sure you'll have it sorted soon enough - I'll post a video here in a minute of what I DID see

(there were a couple of click-spot issues as well)

https://youtu.be/bp_sf9GE3-Y?t=205
    enter..the Sandman

For a first attempt that was pretty good mate. She's a handful at the best of times on the ground.

I'd just like to ask all people here PLEASE contact help@aeroplaneheaven.com with issues. We cannot and will not use this forum as a support site.

We are well through the fixes now so will be issuing a HotFix pretty soon. Major issue with grass fields now solved. Electrics nearly. SU7 was so good to us...

Happy New year everybody!

Awesome, Baz! Congrats on shipping it! I'm going to pick this up as soon as it hits OrbX. A favorite in multiple previous sims.

Hey Heywooood, would love to hear more impressions than just the bugs noticed! I'm sure there's a lot more right than wrong. This read like getting a date with Hayley Atwell and reading "I was excited to pick her up, but her makeup was a bit smudged, she had a bit of food on her lip, and those shoes didn't go well with the dress. Plus she pronounced aluminum weirdly."

Hi Denny, Happy New Year mate.

We have now developed a HotFix for the frame-rate Grass/Dirt field issue and a new Electrical system. This HotFix will be available for download as soon as we upload to vendors and our site. New customers obviously need to do nothing but existing need to download the package again, once notified. Should be available by tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience, SU8 is just around the corner...yay!

Great New Years surpise!!! Thanks a lot!

Will grab it as soon as the Hotfix is out! Really looking forward to get it in the air.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Baz - thanks for working through the squawk list and pushing out the patch for us.
    I purchased this along with the Electra and C140 knowing they were properly supported.

DennyA - the purpose of the video was to show that pretty girl’s face, body, personality - AND the bit of lettuce in her teeth. I’ll happily date her again now she’s found her toothbrush. That’s the problem with distractions though - they’re …distracting
    enter..the Sandman

It's a fun little bird, I've been upsetting the city dwellers a bit..

jk0170 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0176 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0187 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0207 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0217 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Hoping OrbX gets to this when Australia wakes up. I mean, I got Dino's F-35 and the excellent Freedomfox yesterday, so you'd think I'd be happy to just learn those, but this "Wildcat with an extra wing" has always been a favorite. Very cool to see you painting it, Jankees! If you're looking for ideas, this silver bird would be great to see, or the NAS Anacosta F3F.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoood
    DennyA - the purpose of the video was to show that pretty girl’s face, body, personality - AND the bit of lettuce in her teeth. I’ll happily date her again now she’s found her toothbrush. That’s the problem with distractions though - they’re …distracting.
    Thanks for taking the post with the humor that was intended.

Didn't love the lack of bass in the internal sounds I heard in a review video, but I'm sure there's plenty to love otherwise. Hopefully I'll check it out next month, having to hang onto my cash for the Twotter this month.

7.5/10 from AvengingAngel, pre Hotfix, I think.
    Does the release mean the DC-3 is coming along?
    T43

Sounds for the DC-3 are getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Sounds for the DC-3 are getting closer.

Great news.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    It's a fun little bird, I've been upsetting the city dwellers a bit..
    Nice paint Jan. The various schemes, especially squadron position colours etc. can be very confusing.

Nice paint Jan. The various schemes, especially squadron position colours etc. can be very confusing.
    This is VF-5, based on the Yorktown. But it's the fuselage texture layout that's confusing me atm I fear...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Yes I'm afraid it's welcome to the world of Substance Painter...

Yes I'm afraid it's welcome to the world of Substance Painter...
    I was afraid of that...what is the advantage actually, for you as a developer?
    I've seen quite a few new releases recently that were (nearly) impossible to paint, so I see the disadvantage for people like me...I assume there is a positive side to it?

I think somebody like you would really love the control and flexibility it gives. Basically, it allows us to paint directly onto the 3D model. So not just complex designs but all the placards (which can be typed as fonts by the way) rivets, lines and detail all paint directly onto the 3D mesh. You have infinite control over height depth for things like rivets, total gloss (roughness) control and so on. It also means we can map far more accurately and with more efficiency in the tiles. The drawback is that it can and does make repainting a journey if you do not have access to the 3D mesh. I'm afraid we map and texture to suit our modeling methods rather than re-painting for workflow reasons so we don't use planar mapping much anymore. I would seriously suggest you start to think about going this way if you are going to continue, your life would be soooooo much easier.

I wish OrbX would hurry up! (Just love the ease of updating with their app.) Anxious to fly this!

Also, mods, a sticky is in order here, no?

I think somebody like you would really love the control and flexibility it gives. Basically, it allows us to paint directly onto the 3D model. So not just complex designs but all the placards (which can be typed as fonts by the way) rivets, lines and detail all paint directly onto the 3D mesh. You have infinite control over height depth for things like rivets, total gloss (roughness) control and so on. It also means we can map far more accurately and with more efficiency in the tiles. The drawback is that it can and does make repainting a journey if you do not have access to the 3D mesh. I'm afraid we map and texture to suit our modeling methods rather than re-painting for workflow reasons so we don't use planar mapping much anymore. I would seriously suggest you start to think about going this way if you are going to continue, your life would be soooooo much easier.
    There is a video out showing how to paint directly on the model using Blender.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I know, but I still have to learn two new software packages, and not the simplest either. It took me forever to begin to understand photoshop.... I'll get there, one day.
    In the meantime, old school methods still give reasonable results I think:

jk0338 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0361 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0351 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0370 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

They certainly do Jan. That looks smashing.

Jan, wow, that paint is fantastic! Thanks for doing that one!

OrbX finally made it live and I spent some time flying around. Flight model is great and it's awesome how far the visuals have come since the first version! A few minor issues still remain but I reported those to AH.

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I use Blender, its a very good tool for basic painting. Tweaks are necessary in a separate graphics program anyway, but at least it's a lot easier these days for repaints for MSFS.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0