AH F3F GGrumman Barrel is out - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AH F3F GGrumman Barrel is out

Major James H. Howard, who was decorated with the Medal of Honor for his combat action on January 11, 1944, while single-handedly defending a bomber formation from enemy attack while serving as the CO of the 354th FG in the ETO, originally got his start with the US Navy, and flew F3Fs while assigned to VF-6 of USS Enterprise, from 1939-1941. He then volunteered to go to China with the American Volunteer Group/Flying Tigers (where he flew 56 combat missions over Burma). After going back to the US as an instructor in the USAAF, he later became the commander of the 354th Fighter Group.

Here he is pictured in front of F3F '6-F-12' of VF-6, as well as later photos of him with the AVG and with the 354th FG/his P-51B Ding Hao!.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 271800871_10221272269091627_5953016915296448786_n.jpg   271772778_10221272270131653_3746474190330441792_n.jpg   media-377090.jpg   North-American-Aviation-P-51B-5-NA-Mustang-43-6315-AJ-A-DingHao.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Burnhaven View Post
    New to MSFS and this forum. Besides buying aircraft in-game ( all from Asobo/Microsoft? ) how do you know which other providers are reliable/trusted?
    Hey Burnhaven,

Welcome onboard! I’m no expert, but I think most new releases for MSFS will be posted on here or elsewhere. From the subsequent conversations, I think you’ll get a pretty good idea of which releases meet your personal criteria for purchase.

If you’re looking for vendors of said aircraft, I think you’ll find many makers distribute through the same 3-4 shops, with only a few houses that self-sell.

Welcome to the madhouse! Any developer that posts here will be one that you can count on - they don't last long here if they don't put out quality stuff. I'd post a list, but I'm on my lunch break...

Beyond that, there are a few others, especially the Simworks Studios Kodiak and the Parallel 42 Freedom Fox. Both have receive rave reviews both here at on the official forum. Otherwise, feel free to ask around here. If you're curious about a plane, there's probably someone here that has tried it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

What Tom says is correct I'd say. I can add a few more: Flying Iron and Big Radials have produced some nice aircraft (although I DO miss that bulletproof glass in the P-40...)

and in the meantime, I've uploaded my three VMF-2 paints: https://flightsim.to/file/25906/grumman-f3f-2-vmf-2

fun if you want to fly with two mates..
    jk0757 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0738 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk0369 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Icon26 Simworks Kodiak

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse! Any developer that posts here will be one that you can count on - they don't last long here if they don't put out quality stuff. I'd post a list, but I'm on my lunch break...

Beyond that, there are a few others, especially the Simworks Studios Kodiak and the Parallel 42 Freedom Fox. Both have receive rave reviews both here at on the official forum. Otherwise, feel free to ask around here. If you're curious about a plane, there's probably someone here that has tried it.
    I just picked up the Kodiak today from Simworks :-) After visiting a Discord channel by the Bush Divers, I started getting so interested in Bush flying I've temporarily abandoned DCS.

You'll never go back now! Bush is all about the joy of just flying and the challenge of getting into and out of some of the most challenging strips around.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

There is a new update out. This fixes the control column animation, improves texture quality on the canopy, fixes the VR camera data, elevator trim in the Gulfhawk and a few other gremlins.Oh and further work on fixing the CTDs with some add-on sceneries.

got the update earlier today - thank you Baz.

I've been flying some aerobatics with it using the drone camera 'fly-by' arrangement - such as it is..and it has been some kinda nice

https://youtu.be/oIZXRf9Hb3U?t=591
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Looks like you're having fun mate.

Members who have read this thread: 0