FSX-SE Default F/A-18 Hornet Missing Carrier .CFG Lines

Thread: FSX-SE Default F/A-18 Hornet Missing Carrier .CFG Lines

FSX-SE Default F/A-18 Hornet Missing Carrier .CFG Lines

After re-installing FSX-SE on my new HD I wanted to try out the default F/A-18 Hornet. I was surprised that there was no launch assist or tailhook line entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Does anybody have good entries for those values so I can cat and trap on carriers? Or is there a better freeware Hornet available?

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Asus P8Z68 M
    Intel i7-2700
    16 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    After re-installing FSX-SE on my new HD I wanted to try out the default F/A-18 Hornet. I was surprised that there was no launch assist or tailhook line entries in the aircraft.cfg file. Does anybody have good entries for those values so I can cat and trap on carriers? Or is there a better freeware Hornet available?
    I see a tailhook entry in my copy. Tailhook entries go back way before FSX.
    But I don't see a a launch assist. I think it is missing because it is built into the model itself. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by airtj View Post
    Thanks, airtj, I will try the FSDT Hornet. The FSX-SE default jet is a nightmare... Could be pilot technique but I want to try a different aircraft before I blame myself.

Installed the FSDT F/A-18C. Nice plane with many features but for some reason (maybe my system) it kills my frame rates to a slide show. Same thing I experienced last month when I reinstalled the Aerosoft PBY Catalina package. I've attached a screenshot of the sim with the Win7 Task Manager. If anybody can see anything obvious please clue me in. I can provide my system specs if needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FPS_vs_Task_Mgr.jpg  

Found the Team FS KBT F/A-18E Super Hornet for FSX, works fine on my FSX-SE install with no FR hits or weird behavior.
    Thanks to airtj and fsafranek for your comments.

The FS Dreamteam Hornet was known to be the best freeware Hornet around.
    However, from my side, I also enjoyed quite a lot the variation of the default Hornet which was called "Sludge Hornet", which greatly improve the default FSX-SE Hornet. You might want to give that one a chance too, to check what performance you get

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The FS Dreamteam Hornet was known to be the best freeware Hornet around.
    However, from my side, I also enjoyed quite a lot the variation of the default Hornet which was called "Sludge Hornet", which greatly improve the default FSX-SE Hornet. You might want to give that one a chance too, to check what performance you get
    Daube, thanks for the reply. I will download the Sludge later and check it out.

Members who have read this thread: 0