Left and right panning of engine sounds backwards in CFS2?

Thread: Left and right panning of engine sounds backwards in CFS2?

Question Left and right panning of engine sounds backwards in CFS2?

I just noticed that when looking left and right in the 2D cockpit (as well as the virtual cockpit) that the sound of the engine seems to be coming from the wrong speaker.

In a single-engine aircraft; I look left and I hear the engine coming out of the left speaker, I look right and I hear the sound of the engine coming out of the right speaker.

Shouldn't the reverse be true? If you look left your right ear would be facing forward, so you would hear the engine in your right ear (and vice versa), no?

Is this a known problem, or am I missing something here?

UPDATE: I just realized that it was only happening with an addon aircraft. The stock aircraft (and most of the addon aircraft that I have) sound correct... look left and the engine sound pans to the right, look right and the engine sound pans to the left.

The two in question are the P39 and P400 included in the SimTech P39-400 Airacobra pack. Both of them exhibit the incorrect engine sound panning.

Anyone have any idea what would cause this (some sort of .AIR, Aircraft.cfg, .DP, or Panel.cfg setting)?

Rich, seeing as the engine is behind you on the P39/P400, I think Simtech got it right

For info, it will be something to do with the entries in the sound.cfg file. This file can be opened + edited using Notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Rich, seeing as the engine is behind you on the P39/P400, I think Simtech got it right
    OH MAN, I must be suffering from a case a TOTAL BRAIN DEATH LOL! I actually knew that, DUHHHHH! Thanks for the memory jog

Wink

Ha ha ha...that made me laugh out loud....

Cheers

Shessi

p.s. Yes, we've all done it at some time or other!

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Ha ha ha...that made me laugh out loud....

Cheers

Shessi

p.s. Yes, we've all done it at some time or other!
    I was wondering what that weird rumbling sensation I was feeling back towards my ass behind my seat LOL!

Even I smooth brained why the sound on the P-39 would be wrong. Now armed again with the knowledge that the P-39 is mid engine I think the airfiles 1002 *engine (thrust) Location may set the sound source for the engine(s).
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Members who have read this thread: 1