CWDT FS2004 Hellcat package

Thread: CWDT FS2004 Hellcat package

Looking for an F6 Hellcat

Going through my virtual hangar this seems one type decidedly absent is there a good free one for fs9 anywhere?

thanks

ttfn

Pete

The only one's that springs to mind is the B24Guy's revamp of the CFS2 stock Hellcat, dated for sure, but lots of great repaints in our library, I think Scrub probably did one, again based on the same CFS2 model.
    Wasnt the a FDG vesion for CFS2 also, maybe that works too.

There's also a F6F-5 by J.R. Lucariny at Simviation - FS2004 Vintage Aircraft, page 14. Don't have FS9 installed since my HD died so can't test it.

There is also my revamps of the CFS2 stock Hellcat. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=53588&page=3 Models should be comparable with any of TheB24Guys overhauled Hellcat textures as well with some texture renaming.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    The only one's that springs to mind is the B24Guy's revamp of the CFS2 stock Hellcat, dated for sure, but lots of great repaints in our library, I think Scrub probably did one, again based on the same CFS2 model.
    Wasnt the a FDG vesion for CFS2 also, maybe that works too.
    Is that the one of "Minsi II", David McCampbell's F6F-5 by Bill Baldwin? The B24Guy did the fix?

It's a nice looking airplane that flies well, too. I'll have to look for some more repaints!

Alan

I have a Hellcat in FSDS FSC format. I have not compiled it for almost 10 years.

https://www.angelfire.com/falcon/tcwdt/hellcat.html

I have it in both FSX or FS2004. They are zip files (almost 90 meg each- FSX has 2 zip files and FS2004 has 3 zip files). Someone needs to sort out the zip files before uploading to Simouthouse. I don't know how to send it to you unless you have some type of external server.

I have not used FS2004 or FSX for a very long time. I don't even have the time to test it in FSX or FS2004.

The old CWDT Hellcat isn't too bad. I don't think its available anymore. But Andrew C. Wai (ACWAI) was part of this famous design team. So there is still hope

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The old CWDT Hellcat isn't too bad. I don't think its available anymore. But Andrew C. Wai (ACWAI) was part of this famous design team. So there is still hope

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub for the comments. I know you fly in FS2004 and FSX. Can you zip your aircraft and upload it to Sim-outhouse? I got permissions from the rest of the team to upload the aircraft. Please put a reame.txt with the upload.

I have just checked my archive files. I have the FS2004 and FSX versions. They are contained in 2 zip file (for FSX) and 3 zip files (FS2004). They can be used without any conversions. I hope to upload it in 6-7 versions (one for each configurations and paint scheme) to Sim-outhouse. I just don't have the time to do it at this moment.

Thanks AcWai for your kind permission and that of the rest of the team. (All great names from the past!)

My copy comes from one of my (very old) back-up CD and I'm afraid the file is damaged. I was able to save most of the models and textures, but there is a part which I couldn't save.

I will upload the part I could save somewhere in the next days, but when somebody still has the complete package, please upload it and I will take down what I managed to do.

Cheers,
    Huub

If Andrew uploads his files, I could intercept them before authorising, sort them out/compile and upload the final versions?

Robh (Brian Hill) did a pile of repaints for it too,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rid=49&page=13

CWDT FS2004 Hellcat package

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: This package contains the original installer of the ex-payware Classic Warbirds Design Team Hellcat for FS2004. The package is uploaded with the persmission of Adrew C. Wai (AcWai) and the rest of the CWDT team.

This package contains 7 different models and 9 different textures. For those who want more Brian Hill did several repaints based on Phanis "Sophocles" Sima's original paintkits. These are are available at avsim.

A big thank you to AcWai and the rest of the CWDT, because they allowed to release this high quality payware package as freeware. To Navtech as he supplied the original installer and to Motormouse as his question started all this.

The installation is simple, just start the installer, point it to your FS9 install and let it install.

Uploaded on behalf of and with permission from Andrew C. Wai.

Enjoy,
    Huub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CWDT FS2004 Hellcat package
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Hi all,

Navtech provided me the original installer, which I just uploaded. I uploaded it under the userid AcWai, who is one of the original designers.

It is available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ellcat-package

Enjoy, and as Jamie said for those who want more there are loads of repaints done by Brian Hill/RobH, based on the original paintkit by Phanis "Sophocles" Sima.

Cheers,
    Huub

Wow! THANKS ALL

most certainly didn't expect this kind of response

Ttfn

Pete

A great gift from ACWai and the team for X-mas!

And thanks Huub for uploading!

hertzie

It's possibly the best Gannet for FS9 there is. Sorry, British, I meant Hellcat. Also check out his other stuff here,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...&userid=102587

The Bf-109G (FS9 only) and Whirlwind (FS9 and CFS2) are ex-payware models. Both models here would seem to be CFS2 version, converted or otherwise. But are essentially the same as the FS9 versions, so most certainly worth a look.

Excellent!

Thank you!

Thanks Andrew!!!!

Awesome!!!!!

Cheers mav

PS.... sticky this

Thanks for this mighty fighter !!

This was really a fun project for all of us. I am flying it now also.
    I'm not over the hill. I'm on the back nine.

Members who have read this thread: 46