DSB YF-22 Raptor Canopy Color change...

Thread: DSB YF-22 Raptor Canopy Color change...

DSB YF-22 Raptor Canopy Color change...

Hello!

Is there a to make the Canopy transparency appear with a slightly gold color, so as to somewhat replicate the color of
    the Perspex on the actual Aircraft? (F-22 on top).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04d1db34e724992843231d3922358d83.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	85659

Thanks!

Alan

In the texture folder of the DSB YF-22 there is the file glass_t.bmp which controls the canopy color and transparency (alpha channel).

You might want to try this quick and dirty effort by me:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

By the way the F-22 Raptor by Alphasim/Virtavia is available as freeware here:
    (way at the bottom of the page under Virtavia_F-22_Raptor_FS9.msi)

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php

The same trick regarding the canopy color might work for this model once you have identified the specific canopy texture.
    Hartwig

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    By the way the F-22 Raptor by Alphasim/Virtavia is available as freeware hereway at the bottom of the page under Virtavia_F-22_Raptor_FS9.msi)http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.phpThe same trick regarding the canopy color might work for this model once you have identified the specific canopy texture.
    Thanks for giving it a go, Hartwig! I'll load it up and post back what it looks like!Alan EDIT 2259 GMT 12/21: Well, I cant upload a Screenie, but it looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for! Just subtle enough to see the gold tint. Inside the Canopy it's slightly darker, as is expected. Many Thanks again, Hartwig!Alan
    Last edited by ViperPilot2; December 21st, 2021 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Thanks for giving it a go, Hartwig! I'll load it up and post back what it looks like!Alan
    EDIT 2259 GMT 12/21: Well, I cant upload a Screenie, but it looks EXACTLY like what I was looking for! Just subtle enough to see the gold tint. Inside the Canopy it's slightly darker, as is expected.Many Thanks again, Hartwig!Alan

I am glad that you like it.
    Hartwig

Care to give it another try, Hartwig? I have the Canopy .bmp for the IRIS F-35 JSF if you'd be so kind to have a go... It's the bottom Canopy in my original Post.

I'm sure that anything you come up with will be quite sufficient!

Thanks! Alan

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    I am glad that you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, but I do not really have the time nor the interest to do this at the moment.
    Why not try it yourself, it is no rocket science.
    You only need DXTBmp by Martin Wright and a paint program.
    You could even try to use the texture from the YF-22 on the F-35, this might work
    Hartwig

No worries, Hartwig!

Alan

Members who have read this thread: 0