Had a success today

Thread: Had a success today

Had a success today

I've been getting wayward ctd when flying around Hawaii
    The culprit identified as Terrain.dll

Having tried looking for usual suspects, Afcad duplicates
    a bit more detective work found corrupt autogen files to blame in the Blue-sky scenery.

Ttfn

Pete

Great that you solved your problems.

How did you ever figure those things out?

I had that happen with conflicting trerrain meshes years ago. Anytime I crossed a certain line in Vancouver Island Canada it would POP CTD. Same message as yours terrain.dll. Finding it was not easy. I think I had to put my local 35 meter mesh above my 70 meter mesh of the whole world if my memory is correct.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Very curious!

I was taught many years ago that it doesn't matter what mesh or how many meshes or different mesh resolutions you have for any given area because FS will just pick and use the highest resolution mesh it has for the location you're flying in. If that's correct then one should be able to simply drop all the mesh they have into a single scenery folder, activate it low in the scenery stack, and let FS sort it out. I followed that advice many years ago and it works for me.

Apparently it's not so simple. Or at least not always so simple. The simple way works for me, but clearly it's not so simple for you guys. Maybe if I flew more often instead of spending almost all my hobby time fiddling with airplanes and scenery I might fly someplace where I'd ruin into trouble, but that hasn't happened yet, and "yet" includes quite a few years when I flew a lot, before I became obsessed with other aspects of the hobby. Still, very curious indeed.

Members who have read this thread: 0