Supermarine Seafire Mk47

Thread: Supermarine Seafire Mk47

Supermarine Seafire Mk47

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military Props

Description: The Supermarine Seafire was a naval version of the Supermarine Spitfire adapted for operation from aircraft carriers. The name Seafire was derived from the abbreviation of the longer name Sea Spitfire.
    A smooth takeoff is verging on the impossible but by holding the stick back a little it does stabilize the ground run.
    Landing, however, is a far more difficult requiring some practice!
    Canopy opens with ctrl+w keys

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Supermarine Seafire Mk47
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon25 Thanks for this nice aircraft

Nice plane landing in good conditions is acrobatic. In the cockpit the revolution counter of the engine seems not working. I enjoy flying with this type of aircraft.
    Best regards from the Alps in France

Supermarine Seafire

Where can I download this aircraft? I found it thanks!
    Mike G.
    Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler with Triple Monitors

Hi Rob,

thanks very much for this.

I found a couple of problems which I'd like to resolve. One is the roll rate which is very slow. I did a quick-and-dirty by increasing aileron effectiveness from 1 to 3 and at around 250mph it rolls in a more historical 4.5 seconds.

The real problem I have is that the throttle and pitch levers don't seem to do much, as though they are each only operating over a narrow band and boost/rpm is near max all the time. When I close the throttle the rpm very slowly falls away while the boost only drops a couple of pounds with very slow reduction in airspeed. I went through the main config files and although not an expert I found a number of factors not in line with the Seafire and Griffon 88 so I put in some real life factors but of course with the throttle and pitch levers malfunctioning it didn't get me very far. I haven't done anything like this since FS2004/FSX and I see the .air file has been made redundant so I don't know where to go with this. Do you have any ideas?

klem

Quote Originally Posted by klem View Post
    Hi Rob,

thanks very much for this.

I found a couple of problems which I'd like to resolve. One is the roll rate which is very slow. I did a quick-and-dirty by increasing aileron effectiveness from 1 to 3 and at around 250mph it rolls in a more historical 4.5 seconds.

The real problem I have is that the throttle and pitch levers don't seem to do much, as though they are each only operating over a narrow band and boost/rpm is near max all the time. When I close the throttle the rpm very slowly falls away while the boost only drops a couple of pounds with very slow reduction in airspeed. I went through the main config files and although not an expert I found a number of factors not in line with the Seafire and Griffon 88 so I put in some real life factors but of course with the throttle and pitch levers malfunctioning it didn't get me very far. I haven't done anything like this since FS2004/FSX and I see the .air file has been made redundant so I don't know where to go with this. Do you have any ideas?

klem
    As this is still a work in progress many of these issues will be dealt with in the next update.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    As this is still a work in progress many of these issues will be dealt with in the next update.

Rob
    Thank you Rob!

Members who have read this thread: 38