Malta-65

Thread: Malta-65

Malta-65

Island of Malta 1965v2 for FS9

A rework of my Malta scenery from way back including Luqa and Hal Far, improved Landclass and reworked coastline around the south east corner of the island, this scenery is also more Calclassic friendly, incorperating the Luqa update's by Mike Stevens in his Cyprus 1962 scenery

Probably the most important feature of this scenery is utilising the wonderful CFS2 Malta objects by Bruno “Brunosk” Escaravage. “Brunosk” seems to have retired from the sim community a long time ago, but i remember having communications with him when i was first dabbling with scenery years ago, he was very helpful and generous and is probably partly responsable for all the stuff ive pumped out since :-)
    Ive had this in one form or another on my HD for years, not sure weather i should upload anywhere, after a number of attempts to contact, gaining advice from fellow simmer's and checking his read-me's for any condition's, there seems to be none other than "enjoy my stuff :-)" Ive decided to upload with full credit to “Brunosk” for all objects used

This scenery is best with some kind of mesh, im sure you guy's have your favorite's. Im using Rhumbaflappy's CFS2 LOD8, which works fine in FS9, but ive also tested with a few other's and all seems good.
    I would also recommend setting your Autogen to Very Sparse as im getting a lot of inappropriate trees and buildings poping up everywhere

The coastline could probably be done better by someone with a greater understanding of Land and Water Class and knows their way around SBuilder9, a programe i dont particully enjoy using. As my main goal was to cut into the area around Grand Harbour to fit Brunosk's objects and a bit of tweaking here and there, im happy with the end result even if other's may not be :-)

Quite a lot of librarys im afraid but SOH user's should have all these installed anyway
    You should have the following already installed----
    RAF Manston 44 FS9.zip
    Ted Andrews RAF building library.zip
    Wofi Library Objects.zip (converted to FS9 by Desert Rat)
    raf_gse.zip by Paul Mitchell, from Flightsim.com, its also included in MAIW FS9 object library

Optional--- "classic_libraries_v4a.zip" and the update "classic_libraries_file_2_v2.zip"
    These are needed if your a fan of the CalClassic historic airliner group airfields and ai, although this scenery works fine without :-)

Ai needed---
    Mike Pearson's mpai_ee_lightning_ai_traffic_1.zip from Avsim
    "jy_victors_ai_fs9_1.zip" by John Young, Airfield Construction Group, available from Flightsim
    "jy_canberras_ai_fs9_1.zip" by John Young from Flightsim
    "jyai_sea_vixens_fs9_1.zip" by John Young from Flightsim
    "JYAI_Shackletons_FS9_1.zip by John Young, from MAIW only

Please uninstall and bin my old Luqa scenery and dont use the Luqa update's in Mike Steven's Cyprus 1962 scenery, as ive included them, with a few minor tweaks, in this scenery

Thanks to Mike for letting me include above file's, Sidney Schwartz for the airfield lighting and
    Mike Hudson for the post-war RN vessel objects

This read-me's a bit long winded, and i bet you ive forgotton something, but this scenery is quite a bit differnt from my WW2 version from a few weeks back. Enjoy, ian 20/11/21
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg   5.jpg   6.jpg   7.jpg  

8.jpg  

Malta-65

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Island of Malta 1965v2 for FS9

A rework of my Malta scenery from way back including Luqa and Hal Far, improved Landclass and reworked coastline around the south east corner of the island, this scenery is also more Calclassic friendly, incorperating the Luqa update's by Mike Stevens in his Cyprus 1962 scenery

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Malta-65
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Ian!

The version you released recently fits into my Golden Wings sim , which includes the WW2 years, and this one will fit right into my FS1954 classic era sim that I've been working in the most of late, and into my FS Jet Age, which is set in the early sixties.

One of these days these sceneries will stimulate me to stop fiddling in the sims for a little while and actually fly in them. I look forward to some nice sightseeing.

Thanks Ian! Like Mick, I do have the perfect install to use this scenery

Cheers,
    Huub

Its nice to have a place in the sun with the currrent grey (real) weather here....

Wonderful scenery Ian, but I have water issues, what am I doing wrong here?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Hi Stoney, looks like you've installed someone else's scenery, i dont recognize anything of mine in that screenshot. I made my scenery to be self contained, with coastlines, landclass and objects, it wont work well with someone else's scenery.

Good grief! I did have Malta by Toni Agramont installed.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

A Valletta over Valletta, that can't be coincidence.....

Members who have read this thread: 0