REX AccuSeason released

Thread: REX AccuSeason released

REX AccuSeason released

Personally till now I use BIJAN HABASHI - 4 SEASON PACK V6.61 for MSFS but check this - REX did the new software for support seasons in MSFS: REX AccuSeason.

Looks nice and it covers texture by new shaders (maybe better than Bijan software I suppose).
    More info: http://rexsimulations.com/accuseason.html

https://store.rexdownload.com/accuse...ccuseason.html

The price is quiet well so I'll take it and back with into is it ok or not ;>.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for the HU. With the BIJAN HABASHI - 4 SEASON PACK I am in fact very happy, but those winter trees look really good and the dynamic automation of the season changes really hits the spot for me.

Might give this a try soon. Changing seasons is something ASOBO missed out on so far, but it´s the "salt & pepper" to the look and feel of the sim.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

Hmm... I have to admit this looks quite good, to say the least.
    I'm aware of Bijan's excellent work, but it seems REX brings some additional level of automation for lazy people like me, and that sounds quite nice to my ears.
    I will wait for more comparisons, but I'm very, VERY tempted...

looks like rex may finally have a winner here for msfs.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Blog Entries
    I bought it and I am still trying to download it. This axis site is the most onus and difficult method of acquiring what you have already paid for I have ever seen. The way I feel right now, this may be my last REX purchase.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Its now available through ORBX
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Having it on Orbx is nice, but at that price, I think I'll wait a paycheck or two and get more feedback.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

My concern is that MSFS is unfinished wrt these seasonal scenic changes and that they could eventually have similar effects built in. Also - there are so many sim and world updates yet to come that could likely break this addon and require patches from REX

I have enough aggravation in the real world I don't need to add more here. It looks good but I'll wait
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I have Bijan's as well and really like the support, but that does indeed look good, I like the bare winter trees particularly. Price looks reasonable, particularly considering the in-game integration. Curious to hear if there's any performance hit.

- dcc
    - -

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    Bijans trees are 3D whereas REX is not (currently). Not sure if that is going to change later. Asobo is still working on their seasons as well. Likely will be released 2022.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.4123
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

I tend to buy through ORBX as much as possible these days as the updater is simple to use and updates come out very fast. It's also really visual on what you've purchased with a red/amber indicator if anything needs updating. Tempted with this for the automatic season selector.

Btw. I read all info but it seemes like its only trees, not shader for ground textures also like in BIJAN HABASHI addon?
    Am I right? If yes
    the slogan 'season' is too much .... however I'll take it too.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Indeed, for the moment the addon only modifies the trees.
    However, if I read correctly, on another forum, somebody from REX said they are considering adding a ground shader like Bijan's in future. They didn't say when, though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Obviously it has snowed. But only on the ground and *some* of the trees ??... And all people have risked their lives to clear the roofs from snow ??... Is it even possible in MSFS too make "it has snowed" realisticly possible ?...

not long after a heavy snow the rooftops of homes that are occupied will generally be 'snow-free' due to the home's being heated...heat rises - rooftop snow melts

as kids we used to use our hockey sticks to knock the icicles off the eaves - good times
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

After seeing some videos and screenshots, I think I will stick with Bijan's Four Seasons. I don't need an app just to swap out some files in my Community folder. I also think Bijan's trees look much better, especially in regards to colour variation.

I guess REX has to find something to try to sell us now that their cloud textures aren't needed.

Ok I bought it too. Not bad but what is really bad for me - no faded grass (texture of grass) here like in Bijan addon , so we have always green grass, also winter and autumn. In Bijan addon you have faded grass on ground level.
    Pluses - colours, a little better performance, less flicfering on trees, rounded trees looks really nice and auto option (you don't care about the date and time of the year).

An important distinction with Bijan’s work is the modifications he does to the environmental zones so appropriate flora appears, not just changing a tree green, red, leafless but the correct type of trees, additional elements such as ground cover flowering plants, etc. then of course the 3d trees and experimenting in seasonal ground cover. As for the REX automation, it just has a daily script function to move files in and out based on date and location but if you relocate in sim it doesn’t change accordingly.

I don’t have first hand experience of the REX solution, but I do have Bijan’s mod and I don’t see the same aspects in REX in this review https://youtu.be/-WZarE45g9c

A question to those of you who bought this product:
    Does the "automatic" mode react to the date you set in the sim, or to the date of the system/computer ?

I've seen a feedback on another forum telling about the trees not adjusting to the change of date/season in the sim. This is quite disappointing if this is true.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Does the "automatic" mode react to the date you set in the sim, or to the date of the system/computer ?
    I've seen a feedback on another forum telling about the trees not adjusting to the change of date/season in the sim. This is quite disappointing if this is true.
    What i've seen in a review the "automatic mode" is limited to your system-time and has to be run (automaticity) before you start your Sim.
    Basicly the files in the community folder will be renamed to the season. So not very advanced.

Marcel

Ah, thanks for that confirmation. Well, this is disappointing for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post

You have both option - AUTO - your PC clock (day), MANUAL - you can use every season what you want.
    AccuSeason it isnt perfect BUT it have more different colours that Bijan addons. Personally I fly only with AccuSeason addon. I fire up once at weekend. This is quite enough. However, I only fly in real weather and time of the year. I don't use manual mode because I don't like cheating fly conditions , I only change the day time.

AccuSeason Tech Update 1 for MSFS Sim Update 7:

Changelog :
    • FIXED – Automated preset installation
    • FIXED – Short tree height option not persisting
    • FIXED – Compatibility for Microsoft Flight Simulator v.1.21.18.0
    • ADDED – Option within the Automation window in which a user can set the desired system time that automation installation is engaged

Members who have read this thread: 0