Next Season.....

Thread: Next Season.....

Next Season.....

New blood!
    Winner of Championships in Formula Renault, Formula 3 and now Formula 2.
    Another one of those pesky Aussies, Oscar is set for an EffWun learning year in 2022.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

On a side note....I was really hoping for Michael Andretti to get into the sport....

The changes to the cars hopefully shuffles the team a bit. But I'm afraid it will be as always, and money will continue to rule in F.1. Oscar Piastri is clearly a big talent, but I think he will need to wait until Fernando finally thinks it is time to retire. And Oscar is just one of many, as I think there are more talented young drivers who can't find a seat as they are taken by drivers with a big name or a big wallet.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    . And Oscar is just one of many, as I think there are more talented young drivers who can't find a seat as they are taken by drivers with a big name or a big wallet.

Cheers,
    Huub

Trouble with ,Huub, is you end up with drivers that buy themselves into an F1 seat ( Lance Stroll for example )
    and hope the car is good enough to hide their shortcomings

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Trouble with ,Huub, is you end up with drivers that buy themselves into an F1 seat ( Lance Stroll for example )
    and hope the car is good enough to hide their shortcomings

Ttfn

Pete
    Now that is typically a person which is called somebody with a too big wallet. The same is valid for Mazepin with Haas, although the Haas is not a really an example for a competitive car. (so nobody really cares and the money keeps the team alive).

Several teams hire older more experienced drivers as they want their knowledge and experience, to develop their car. But in that case I would hire them as a test driver and not as the no.1 driver from the team (but I think that is just one of the many reasons I don't run a racing team . In my humble opinion drivers like Kimi Räikkönen (42), Sebstian Vettel (34), Fernando Alonso (40) are all great personalities and still quite fast drivers, but I think they have had the best of their career. Of course their experience is valuable, but I would like it when the actual racing was allowed to be done by to those who still have their best performances ahead of them.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The changes to the cars hopefully shuffles the team a bit. But I'm afraid it will be as always, and money will continue to rule in F.1. Oscar Piastri is clearly a big talent, but I think he will need to wait until Fernando finally thinks it is time to retire. And Oscar is just one of many, as I think there are more talented young drivers who can't find a seat as they are taken by drivers with a big name or a big wallet. Cheers, Huub
    With the new regulation in 2022 there is a high risk that one team dominates. Regarding Oscar it's always the same story, being at the right place at the right time. Too early there is no seat available and if it last too long then when a seat is made available it goes to the driver that just arrives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Oh I know that Huub; I used to work on his jet; how many 21yr olds have a $40,000,000 jet bought for them by Daddy?

ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0