SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons New thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons New thread

SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons New thread

Hi folks,

This is the new thread for the F-16s for updates and other info / feedback.

The below update will soon be uploaded for distribution by Just Flight, hopefully in time for the weekend. Owners will get an e-mail when it's ready;
    SC Designs F-16 Fighting Falcons Changelog v0.3.0

( GENERAL BUG FIXES AND CHANGES PRIOR TO MAJOR 2022 UPDATES )

Cockpit panel lights colour corrected from white to green
    Glareshield texture resolution fixed
    Glareshield shape improved
    HUD mounting and UFCP repositioned for greater accuracy
    Control column texture mapping fixed
    Jet category in aircraft.cfg corrected
    F16 Multiplayer UI text corrected
    AoA indicator lights position / colour corrected
    F-16I external tanks visibility corrected
    External sensor pylon rail visibility corrected
    ADI texture resolution improved
    ADI texture colour corrected ( tan & blue )
    Waterline added to ADI
    Cockpit interior glass made more reflective

The big update in 2022 will feature a largely re-built cockpit for accuracy, and also external improvements such as the JFS doors, higher resolution texturing, full panel / rivet decals, and other enhancements. A similar update for the F-15s and F-14s will precede the F-16's update, as they were released earlier.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Great!

It would be good if the targeting pod (Sniper) were added as well
    Tail beacon light white not red

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Since two users decided to break forum rules, I had to shut down the last thread for this plane. If anyone has the inclination to do the same thing here, well... Don't.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Very nice, but why those big fuselage tanks by default? Now I need to remove them at the start of each flight, they're so ugly..
    jk11559 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11562 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11565 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11570 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Very nice, but why those big fuselage tanks by default? Now I need to remove them at the start of each flight, they're so ugly..
    Asobo helpfully changed the entire fuel system recently for another, more complex version, which has removed the ability to control tank options from the .flt files. Once I figure out the new system, the F-16s will be updated and will appear at flight start with no tanks.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Since two users decided to break forum rules, I had to shut down the last thread for this plane. If anyone has the inclination to do the same thing here, well... Don't.
    And what a proper decision that was!!! Well done, Tom.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Hi folks,
    The big update in 2022 will feature a largely re-built cockpit for accuracy, and also external improvements such as the JFS doors, higher resolution texturing, full panel / rivet decals, and other enhancements. A similar update for the F-15s and F-14s will precede the F-16's update, as they were released earlier.
    Nice...will wait for the updates and then buy the 16. You now, so IŽll have the sequence...excellent work

The update for the F-16s is now live, version 0.3.0, at Just Flight

Bit of a cheeky question for Dean...I spend a lot of time zipping around in the TF104 and sometimes get to 'interact' with like-minded flyers in Strike Eagles and F16s, which sadly appear in multi-player as very fast single-engined light planes
    Is there anyway a low-poly low-rez non-flyable F-15 / F-16 could be released as freeware one day with the appropriate magic in the cfg file for MSFS to display them in MP whenever the payware jet is present?

Alternatively is there any way to get MSFS to display F-18s in their stead?

Just a thought ...

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Bit of a cheeky question for Dean...I spend a lot of time zipping around in the TF104 and sometimes get to 'interact' with like-minded flyers in Strike Eagles and F16s, which sadly appear in multi-player as very fast single-engined light planes
    Is there anyway a low-poly low-rez non-flyable F-15 / F-16 could be released as freeware one day with the appropriate magic in the cfg file for MSFS to display them in MP whenever the payware jet is present?

Alternatively is there any way to get MSFS to display F-18s in their stead?

Just a thought ...
    Hi Keith, this is something I've wanted to implement for ages, but all the sim updates and chaos slowed my plans down a lot this year.

The aircraft I build already contain low-res LOD models which would be perfect for the role, but MSFS is currently bugged ( surprise surprise ) and MP aircraft are not showing correctly at this time even when you own the other airplane, so extras being added would not work right now. Once Asobo finally fix that issue, I should be able to create little freeware AI packs of my airplanes which will do the job nicely

That would be great 👍
    MP matching does work sometimes...had a brilliant time last night in a pick-up Stearman on Stearman session 😀

just uploaded this Belgian

jk11736 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11746 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11747 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Dean (and Scott)I was impressed by your quick update and long term plans for the Viper, so I took the plunge and purchased it this afternoon. Took it up for some flying around Nellis and put it through it's paces. I enjoyed the time and look forward to learning more about all you've put into it. As a DCS Viper driver, I realize the differences and limitations, but wont let that prevent me from having fun in it. Thanks for the work and I look forward to more. Apologies for my initial impression based on the video and pics.-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    Dean (and Scott)I was impressed by your quick update and long term plans for the Viper, so I took the plunge and purchased it this afternoon. Took it up for some flying around Nellis and put it through it's paces. I enjoyed the time and look forward to learning more about all you've put into it. As a DCS Viper driver, I realize the differences and limitations, but wont let that prevent me from having fun in it. Thanks for the work and I look forward to more. Apologies for my initial impression based on the video and pics.-Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, glad that you're enjoying the Vipers!

The long-term plan includes upgrading the textures and modeling, literally, to DCS levels, now that MSFS can obviously handle that with no problems. Systems won't be altered of course, they fit my target market very well. You might be surprised to learn of how many folks who initially felt the DC / SC type of aircraft were not good enough for them, then e-mail me / message on Facebook after taking a chance, and say how surprised and happy they are with them

- - - Updated - - -

just uploaded this Belgian
    Beautiful work as always!

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    , and say how surprised and happy they are with them
    Count me as one happy customer!

next one to emerge from the paintshed:
    jk11865 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11877 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Dean, I hope you don't mind, but I revisited this one..
    jk11901 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk11915 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Dean, I hope you don't mind, but I revisited this one..
    Not at all! I do my best with them, but a dedicated artist such as yourself will always improve them, which I love to see!

For those on the fence about buying the F-16s, a video to help you decide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmkMylMAVLY

Great video about the afterburners....

6:30
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

J-644 has been uploaded on flightsim.to

jk11898 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    Any chance for a Portuguese livery?
    Thanks

M
    I'll see what I can do..

I'll see what I can do..
    Much obliged...

Members who have read this thread: 1