Nostalgic wave...

Thread: Nostalgic wave...

Nostalgic wave...

A crazy guy asked me to convert a Convair CV240 for CFS2, probably to shoot it down in pieces assassinating 40 passengers. I convert it, but it was the first plane I flew as passenger when I was 3 year old. So, I began to look for other planes that left their marks on me. Another one was the Curtiss C-46. I pick up Lucariny's one, give it a non functional VC and, believe or not, I got a good airfile in merely two days. It needs now a DP. There are enough DC-3s and C-47. Obviously, I'll not convert one. I'll pick a Caravelle 6, the first jet I flew in 1961.

Cheers for all

Pepe

That's a nice thing about this hobby and the models that are freely shared with all. Lots of memories about planes we flew, worked on or just admired. The Convairs were all just nice looking (to me anyway). We had a school nearby that had one (!). I still remember them coming in and backing it into their confined parking area. I always wondered what the engine temps were doing during the extended backing.

NormB

Library Staff
    Hi Pepe,

If you're interested I have a CFS3 Handley Page Harrow sent to me by Clive Morley (Pat Pattle) for CFS2 conversion. He used the air file from your Bristol Bombay.

I've been slowly converting a number of his ground infrastructure models but I thought I would leave the aircraft to the experts.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Hi Pepe,

If you're interested I have a CFS3 Handley Page Harrow sent to me by Clive Morley (Pat Pattle) for CFS2 conversion. He used the air file from your Bristol Bombay.

I've been slowly converting a number of his ground infrastructure models but I thought I would leave the aircraft to the experts.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    I think Bismarck 13 built one for CFS2. May be it's still at the British section of Sim-Outhouse.

Members who have read this thread: 0