VRS Announces TacPack & Superbug v1.6 with support for P3Dv5

Thread: VRS Announces TacPack & Superbug v1.6 with support for P3Dv5

VRS Announces TacPack & Superbug v1.6 with support for P3Dv5

Great news. Maybe they are a little late , but it will be nice to see TacPack in v5.

TacPack and Superbug support has finally arrived for P3D v5 with version support covering v5.0.31.35253 through v5.3.12.28072. The move from P3D v4 (DX11) to v5 (DX12) was a tough one. As many of you already know, the TacPack uses a number of hooks in order to provide its magic. These hooks are very sensitive, need to be done in assembly, and break if the executable changes in any way (e.g. 5.2 to 5.3). In addition, and constituting the bulk of the work, DX12 support for TacPack features like FLIR, A/G Radar, and full screen NVG needed to be completely re-written.
    The TacPack basic functions currently remain pretty much the same as they were in v1.5 with the exception of new support for dynamic lighting and a slew of much improved effects. However coming soon will be Aggressor AI that can perform a number of functions including BVR engagements, dog fighting, and wingman tasks. the AI will be scriptable via .tps files so that they can be programmed to appear and perform actions in a repeatable way. The 1.6 Superbug has added dynamic lighting effects for both the VC and external models. Both products now feature remote installation management which allows end-users to deactivate installations (freeing up activation keys) without any intervention required from VRS. Yay! For a complete list of changes, please see the Superbug version History and TacPack Version History.
    For more details, or to upgrade to v5 support, please see our announcement in the VRS Support Forums.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well, even though I don't use P3D anymore, I'm quite glad VRS is still alive and seems to be going well. Felt like an eternity since I heard anything from them :/

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This my reason for sticking with v4.5 and all my mods. Recently added MSFS, so only firing up P3D to check some AI files. Now I'm looking at an additional purchase for v5+VRS and moving all my files over knowing some things may/may not work.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Not sure if I want to buy Tac-Pac and Superbug again. Paid for it twice already. Eventually if they update to MSFS we have to pay again. Have to think about this.

I'm glad VRS is still around. Although, I've moved onto a different platform for that kind of aircraft and flying. And to be honest with a better cost and usage base really in DCS for this kind of aircraft now. Not bashing VRS. I've enjoyed their Super Bug from FS9 through all my years in FSX. I just opted not to spend full price on it and TacPack to get full functionality, really for the 3rd time to fly it in P3D. They did a lot for the sims. I'm glad they are still making stuff for the new up and coming simmers and some of the guys that want to stick to the single sim on their machines.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Does anyone know if the new P3Dv5 Superbug and TacPack have been updated for the latest hotfix? There was actually a hotfix for the hotfix too, so we're on version 5.3.15.28131.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Not sure if I want to buy Tac-Pac and Superbug again. Paid for it twice already. Eventually if they update to MSFS we have to pay again. Have to think about this.
    Paid twice even in same platform, they know how to make money.

Members who have read this thread: 1