MSFS Avatar folder location

Thread: MSFS Avatar folder location

MSFS Avatar folder location

Does anyone know where the folders for the individual avatars are located, the ones containing the texture and model data for
    each of the individual avatars #1 TO #24? I found the location once before, and was able to modify the files, but the updates
    restored the files, and now I can't remember where they are, or the post that gave their location.

What I want to do, and what I did before, was to remove the model data for one of the avatars while leaving the avatar's folder
    (the last time I chose #24, the last one, as being easiest to remember). Doing this would make that avatar invisible from the
    external view when chosen, and so would would give an invisible copilot if I wanted to fly the plane with pilot only.

I know you can change the [Pilot] section for each individual plane to make copilots disappear in the external view, but being able
    to use an invisible avatar as required is a lot easier.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew. I'm using Steam MSFS, so I do have some access to the Official folder, but I seem
    to recall the location of the avatar folders was somewhere else. However, I might be wrong.

Thanks - RobM

Packages\Official\OneStore(or Steam)\asobo-simobjects-characters\SimObjects\Humans\Pilot
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks loads, Tom, that worked great.

In case anyone else wants to do this, the descriptions of the various avatars in General Options-Misc seems to have been lost.
    However, avatar #24, the last one, is "model.Pilot_Female_Uniform_Indian". I created a sub-folder inside that folder, and moved
    all the contents of "model.Pilot_Female_Uniform_Indian" into it. Now whenever I choose avatar #24, whether for Pilot, Copilot,
    or Instructor, the avatar is invisible from the external view (I saved the contents in case I might ever want a female uniformed
    Indian pilot). Of course, after any update, I'll have to re-do this change.

You can choose another avatar to be invisible, but without the descriptions in General Options-Misc, you'll have to figure out which
    avatar number matches which model.Pilot.

Note that you can't change the avatar in flight; you have to go out to the main menu and then back into the sim for the avatar
    change to take effect.

This is for Steam MSFS. I'm not certain whether you can make the same changes to the Official folder in Marketplace MSFS.

Thanks again Tom.

- Bob

Members who have read this thread: 3