Orbx Global Vector

Thread: Orbx Global Vector

Orbx Global Vector

I might be a bit late to this party but having just read that with P3D V5 you can turn off Global Vector I've found a big improvement in scenery detail and smooth transitions when changing view points. Its well worth a try.
    Mike

Cavok - I am trialling this at the moment. When I installed 5.3 I automatically went with Global and Global Vector from 5.2 etc. I just uninstalled the lot and reinstalled the LM standard scenery (not the special areas as addons) and now will see if it looks any better overall and performance etc. Not that I saw any in the first place but somethings were a bit well odd!

Vector-off.

I’m using P3Dv5.3 HF1 Update 1.
    I have been experimenting with Vector turned off, definite performance improvement and so far haven’t visually really noticed any difference.

Would be interested in other peoples observations.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Well after a bit of time with V5.3 HF1 my conclusion is that LM's default terrain mapping etc is ok. I could see no significant difference with ORBX Vector in fact in some areas it looked worse (highway size, definition etc). So I no longer use Vector at all. I still use ORBX Global Base and their HD buildings and Trees (These are definitely better, smaller and more system friendly with more variety and accuracy). LM definitely have tidied up P3D to the point where for coastline and terrain accuracy that ORBX Vector is no longer required. Performance is not noticeably improved but I have not had any performance issues on my system anyway so probably not a good guide there.

Members who have read this thread: 0