Windows 11?

Thread: Windows 11?

Windows 11?

Does anyone know if FSX SE is or will be compatible with Windows 11? I will no doubt upgrade to Windows 11 next year with a new computer, but truthfully it is going to be a budget-oriented vs a performance-oriented build. So MSFS 2020 requirements will not be a driving factor with my next computer.

Thanks,

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Probably will be. So far, from what I gather, Windows 11 brings more security features which tend to take up a lot of CPU cycles, a new user interface, the return of widgets, better connectivity with other devices (Android), native HDR, and Xbox style direct storage. Other than that, it is very much Windows 10.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Probably will be. So far, from what I gather, Windows 11 brings more security features which tend to take up a lot of CPU cycles, a new user interface, the return of widgets, better connectivity with other devices (Android), native HDR, and Xbox style direct storage. Other than that, it is very much Windows 10.
    Thanks for the reply stansdds! I am only updating to Windows 11, because a couple of our local banks will no longer support Windows 7 after December 31. With the small budget I have set, I'll be lucky if the new Windows 11 rig can even match what I already have. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade to a touch screen monitor yet.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    Thanks for the reply stansdds! I am only updating to Windows 11, because a couple of our local banks will no longer support Windows 7 after December 31. With the small budget I have set, I'll be lucky if the new Windows 11 rig can even match what I already have. Not sure if I'm going to upgrade to a touch screen monitor yet.

Tommy
    You can always keep FSX on your current computer and buy a laptop for the financial stuff.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    You can always keep FSX on your current computer and buy a laptop for the financial stuff.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510