closing the gap

Thread: closing the gap

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

closing the gap

We don't have one of these and the NJG needs one for the summer and fall of '42. It is a combination of Mathias's E and an anonymous donor from the web F's stuff. May not be 100% but she's not done yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bf110F4.jpg  

Will be greatly appreciated when done. Worth delaying TOW Pt. 1 so I can change the 1942 missions!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    Looks great! I'm in awe of your productivity. Would this have been the last of the 110s with only a single MG for defensive armament?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Outstanding ! Thank you for all your wonderful work. I know it will be great ! Regards,Scott

F series

The f series was a stop gap plane was the NJG and others waited for the G series(Really the me 210 was to replace the bf110 after the f series but the 210 was a disaster so the 110 was put back into production as a g). The most critical upgrade was the engines and the increased power/lift ability they gave the aircraft. Radar (FUG 202 BC) was just becoming standard on NJG planes and for the BF 110 a third crew memeber (observer-radio). The other aspects of the plane firepower were the same as the eralier models (woefully inadequate for the big 4 engined bombers). Defense - single gun as far as I can tell. There are disputes as to the engine spinners and when they transitioned to the larger one. I have seen pictures of F's with the e style engine nacelle and spinner and others as I have depicted. I can only assume that the late f's were the larger spinner and really may have been early production g's. But pictures of some f's with the single rear gun and old stlye canpoy are seen with the large spinners and DB 605 engines I assume. So, I am going out on a limb here and making one with the larger engines/nacelle. But I could be wrong or the Germans could have as I said been transitioning in '42, but who knows....

well found out a bit more

Seems that the f's pictured with the DB605 style spinner were in fact g models, maybe early production. But never fear, I do have an f that it correct (ventral air intake), well at least according to squadron signal. Need to nose around a bit more to be certain before I wander off done another rabbit hole.

Have you got something like this? https://www.the-blueprints.com/vecto...tt_bf_110_f-4/

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    The issue is that so may sources are incorrect. The all black bf110 you send me is really an E model as it has a N on the nacelle which means it is a DB 601N enegine, not the F like the F models had. It must have been an early test mule of the FuG 202 BC. I found a bunch of sources I recieved and forgot about and found the anwers I needed. What you see is the correct redition of an F. So marching on....

Members who have read this thread: 0