My MSFS was perfect yesterday...

Thread: My MSFS was perfect yesterday...

My MSFS was perfect yesterday...

Today when I load a plane, at the very finish "fly", got a CTD. With no community folder, the same. Clean cache, restart. Sometimes freezes when loading ctrl+alt+del to stop process and get to desktop, desktop icons will not function, got to go to "start" to be able to shutdown computer and start again. Some time starts good, initiate a flight, when trying to change to another airport and plane CTD. Run a virus scan with Kaspersky total security, no viruses.
    This is really strange. Last night got a Windows 11 update, everything else fine, think that´s not the reason.
    Think I´ll better reinstall, know I can do it with remove programs, wonder what other files will have to remove. Will check tomorrow.
    Any help will me much appreciated.
    Thanks

I was having a similar issue and it was after I had downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers for my 2070, put the old ones back and didn't have the issue anymore.

Thanks BananaBob, will try...

Unfortunately the new nVidia driver is bad for a lot of people (though not all... some find it to be fantastic!). CTD is one of the issues, with reduced FPS and blue patches appearing on the ground being others. You can suffer none, one, two or all such issues. I myself got the blue patches but no CTD and no noticeable FPS impact. Go figure! The solution was to roll back the driver (and complain to nvidia, 'cos although they acknowledge there are problems adding your name to the list tells them how widespread they are and they can act accordingly).

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Unfortunately the new nVidia driver is bad for a lot of people (though not all... some find it to be fantastic!). CTD is one of the issues, with reduced FPS and blue patches appearing on the ground being others. You can suffer none, one, two or all such issues. I myself got the blue patches but no CTD and no noticeable FPS impact. Go figure! The solution was to roll back the driver (and complain to nvidia, 'cos although they acknowledge there are problems adding your name to the list tells them how widespread they are and they can act accordingly).
    Yeah, I had the blue patches too and the frame rates were like I had Direct X 12 on, it was horrible.

Thanks Gents. So simple when you know...you made my week-end much more easy. Using 472.12 now and running. Had no idea and failed to figure that this was a drivers problem. Again, thank you all.

Blog Entries
    Timely thread. I just purchased a RTX 3080 and was thinking of upgrading to the newest driver. Well after reading this, if it ain't broke, I won't touch it. And, it ain't broke.
    Last edited by jmig; December 5th, 2021 at 07:31.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Timely thread. I just purchased a RTX 3080 and was thinking of upgrading to the newest driver. Well after reading this, if it ain't broke, I woun't touch it. And, it ain't broke.
    Yes John, it was the latest driver that messed up my MSFS, and if not well advised by our friends would reinstall and get exactly the same problem...not funny at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0