FS9 problem

Thread: FS9 problem

FS9 problem

new install of FS9 problem

I just installed FS9 on new computer with windows 10 it went to Program files (X86) I did move it to another location. It won't run asked to sign in as administrator in both the Program files (X86) when it was there and the new location.

does anyone know what i need to do to get it to run??

David Wooster

Members +
    Hi David,
    Add the 9.1 update & patch, run in XP compatibility, and as Administrator.

That should do it.. As long as it is NOT in the Program Files directory.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Dave, you'll also need to set the security permissions on the folder you moved. It will have retained the higher level security when you moved the folder ( something that Win10 thinks is helpful)

Take a look through this thread too

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...regards-to-FS9

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by this4dave2 View Post
    new install of FS9 problem

I just installed FS9 on new computer with windows 10 it went to Program files (X86) I did move it to another location. It won't run asked to sign in as administrator in both the Program files (X86) when it was there and the new location.

does anyone know what i need to do to get it to run??

David Wooster
    ah forgot in addition to the foregoing replies above; you will need the un mentionable patch to enable Fs to run without having a disc in the disc drive because microsoft deliberately broke that (disc in drive) function in Win 10 ( there was a workaround involving hacking the registry... as some other non fs game forums found out, but even that has been coded out by recent Win10 updates)

ttfn

Pete

thanks

thank you everyone for the help but still have problems I give up the computer is going back the computer i have is still works really don't need a new computer
    David

Members who have read this thread: 0