Things I recently found out about ...

Thread: Things I recently found out about ...

Things I recently found out about ...

... probably many of you know about these, but maybe a few newcomers like me don't know.

1) FPS display. Go to Windows 10 menu and click settings, then gaming. Enable xbox game bar. Then Win/G to show it. Click 4th item across - performance. Click FPS, it will ask you for approval so click. Then a windows
    restart is needed. Do it and you're good to go with Win/G. If it acts weird in other games or browsers, you can easily turn game bar off.

2) If you've completed a flight and want to do it again later, go to pilot profile, logbook, find the flight, click on it, then on fly again.

3) Finding the critters. When creating a flight plan, type 'fauna' in the search box to get a list of critter locations. Click on one and set as departure, then fly.
    If it's night there, use inflight menu bar and select active pause. Then click on weather and use the slider to set a day time. Close that and click off active pause and your ready for some wildlife.
    I am still not into camera views yet, but the Icon 5 airplane is a good one to use to land near hippos, giraffes, etc. if they are in the open.

My next effort is to try finding a way to use the joystick hat switch like FSX to pan around instead of the 4 view it gives now.
    If anyone has any insight on this, I would be grateful to find out. Thanks.
    Last edited by Paul Anderson; December 1st, 2021 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    My next effort is to try finding a way to use the joystick hat switch like FSX to pan around instead of the 4 view it gives now. If anyone has any insight on this, I would be grateful to find out. Thanks.
    Hi Paul,I've had this bookmarked from the MSFS forums but have yet to try it.https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...cockpit/181179

I will also add that this page contains more information than you could ever possibly need when setting up your cameras, lots of good information and useful shortcuts. https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/...amera-Overview

Members who have read this thread: 0