Any interest in a new BCATP project for MSFS?

Thread: Any interest in a new BCATP project for MSFS?

Any interest in a new BCATP project for MSFS?

Years ago, there was a dedicated team of people (Flight Ontario) who re-created the airfields of the BCATP across Canada. What is this? For those (few on here!) who don't know, The British Commonwealth Air Training Plan was the biggest air training program in history. It trained many of the non-US allied pilots in WW2 for Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and more…

Now that we are seeing appropriate training aircraft from this period coming to the sim (Stearman, Harvard/Texan), and with hopes for more, I would like to invite correspondence from airport and asset designers who would be interested in being part of bringing such a scenery project to MSFS. This would be an ongoing project to say the least.

Freeware or payware? Who knows. Let’s see who is interested and we can explore that later. I would act as project coordinator, writer, researcher, etc. Express your interest in this thread, either to be involved or as a future user of the project.

AND, my heart-felt thanks to the folks from Flight Ontario for their past contribution to our hobby, and the many many hours of pleasure their work provided for so many of us.

- Kenneth J Kerr

Hello fellow long-time lurker, first-time poster! I live near EFTS #12 (Goderich) and have been curious to learn more about MSFS scenery making. As it stands I have no applicable experience but would be curious to learn more and follow the project.

Been around for some time, but I am one of those "For those (few on here!) who don't know" BCATP.

Certainly sounds like an interesting project, but I am not a scenery designer. More a "watch from the sideline" person.

I do hope this project will get off the ground.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

oow , Vipgroup..now thats a blast from the past.
    IMAG2662 by Danny Best, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_mac View Post
    Hello fellow long-time lurker, first-time poster! I live near EFTS #12 (Goderich) and have been curious to learn more about MSFS scenery making. As it stands I have no applicable experience but would be curious to learn more and follow the project.
    Hello..

I was sure I had posted here in the past, but recently found myself unable to. So, I solicited help from the moderators, and they obliged! I hope we can garner interest in this, but time alone will tell. Thank you for responding.

Regards
    Kenneth J Kerr
    (Saskatchewan)

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Been around for some time, but I am one of those "For those (few on here!) who don't know" BCATP.

Certainly sounds like an interesting project, but I am not a scenery designer. More a "watch from the sideline" person.

I do hope this project will get off the ground.
    Hello Manfred

Here's a link to learn a bit more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britis..._Training_Plan

Scenery might not be your forte, but oh to see a DC-3 in MSFS....

Regards
    Kenneth J Kerr

Quote Originally Posted by Spook48 View Post
    oow , Vipgroup..now thats a blast from the past.
    IMAG2662 by Danny Best, on Flickr
    Oh boy.... Congratulations on giving me a chill up my spine to see these again. I have a box with all of our old programs in it, now I need to dig it out again for nostalgia. I cannot believe it is so many years ago now. I still regret leaving the industry, but try as I might, I cannot seem to get back into it! (except as an occasional reviewer for some websites, and a beta tester now and again)... C'est la vie.

Thanks for the memories.

Regards
    Kenneth J Kerr

Members who have read this thread: 1