Kodiak Preview

Thread: Kodiak Preview

Kodiak Preview

SWS gave AvAngel an advance copy for preview/review, and it looks outstanding!

Ignore the fact that she forgot to turn off the starter...

Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I forgot about the starter but not the price including all the variants. Rember those days when all the variants were included for a reasonable fair price. MSFS addons started out priced to move off the shelf but lately....

LouP

For me, this has just the right amount of "Systems" simulation and a boatload of details that the defaults don't have. I'm more than likely going to be a day-one customer.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I forgot about the starter but not the price including all the variants. Rember those days when all the variants were included for a reasonable fair price. MSFS addons started out priced to move off the shelf but lately....

LouP
    45€ ? LouP, agree with you. Another one that I will pass....

The pricing would be more reasonable if they were doing something like Milviz is with the PC-6 for MSFS, where the float versions are included for free if you buy the product now, but they're an extra charge if you wait until they're released to buy.

The first release will be 30 for four distinct variants - 7.50 each, so not so bad. If the amphib comes as a choice between pod and no-pod, that pricing still holds. Even if the floater is just one model, it still totals out to 9 per variation. Unless something drastic happens, I'll be a week-one customer for the wheeled package. But I'll probably hold off on the floater until MS/Asobo can get water handling sorted out.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post

LouP
    While I agree flight sim products are getting more and more expensive, everything is. I can remember when a loaf of bread was 25 cents and a Coke Cola 5 cents. I remember buying add on airplanes for $5.00. I wouldn't install one of those early airplanes in MSFS if I could. They are like cartoon figures to a Rembrandt, when compared to today to an airplane like the SWS Kodiak.

I believe the initial model will be about 30 Euros. In my mind for the quality and systems it will deliver the price is normal. I plan on purchasing it alone with the F-16 when available.

Then I hope no one else comes out with anything I can’t forgo for a while.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Not here to promote this aircraft, but this is some pretty good video work and editing in MSFS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kXjyaHroF0
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 0