Albatros D.III Oeffag Repaints by Huub Vink

Thread: Albatros D.III Oeffag Repaints by Huub Vink

Albatros D.III Oeffag Repaints by Huub Vink

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - World War I

Description: This is a repaint for the Albatros D.III Oeffag by Captain Kurt. The repaint shows the aicraft 253.24 in the standard Oeffag standard scheme. Wooden and fabric surfaces were simply covered with a clear coat, and the metal panels on the fuselage were ‘machined’. The interwing struts and landing gear legs were painted with a dark colour, likely a dark grey. This particular aircraft was delivered in June, 1918, and was delivered to Flik 51/J, where it was flown in combat by Zgsf. Eugen Bonsch (16 kills), Korp. Josef Pfisterer, and above all, the CO of Flik 51/J Oblt.i.d.Res. Benno Fiala Ritter von Fernbrugg, who, with 28 kills, became the third most successful LFT pilot.

To use this repaint you should have the Albatros D.III Oeffag by Captain Kurt installed

CREDITS

Captain Kurt for his remarkable WWI models and Martin Wright for his indispensable DTX1 bitmap manipulator.

This should be it.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    November 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Albatros D.III Oef Benno von Fernbrugg
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Library Staff
    Lovely paint job Huub - thanks very much!

Kevin

What a beautiful paint job huub. It really brings the model to life - much more than my original paint job LOL.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

A beautifull skin to fit a beautifull model, many thanks Huub and Kurt, I hope others will follow

All the best, cheers
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kurt View Post
    What a beautiful paint job huub. It really brings the model to life - much more than my original paint job LOL.
    Personally I thought your paint work was quite neat. You did a perfect job on the curly camouflage scheme! And you need nice canvas to create a painting.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub
    Great paintwork.
    Thanks for that and thanks, Captain, for the original.
    Take Care
    Stuart

Lovely paint job Huub. Many thanks!

Albatros D.III Oeffag 153.199

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - World War I

Description: This is a repaint for the Albatros D.III Oeffag by Captain Kurt. The repaint shows the aicraft 253.24 in the standard Oeffag standard scheme. Wooden and fabric surfaces were simply covered with a clear coat, and the metal panels on the fuselage were ‘machined’. The interwing struts and landing gear legs were painted with a dark colour, likely a dark grey. This particular aircraft was delivered in June, 1918, and was delivered to Flik 51/J, where it was flown in combat by Zgsf. Eugen Bonsch (16 kills), Korp. Josef Pfisterer, and above all, the CO of Flik 51/J Oblt.i.d.Res. Benno Fiala Ritter von Fernbrugg, who, with 28 kills, became the third most successful LFT pilot.

To use this repaint you should have the Albatros D.III Oeffag by Captain Kurt installed.

Thanks to Captain Kurt for his remarkable WWI models and Martin Wright for his indispensable DTX1 bitmap manipulator.

This should be it.

Enjoy
    Huub Vink
    May 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Albatros D.III Oeffag 153.199

Thanks for this beautifull and original livery, very well rendered

Keep on please

Cheers
    Martin

Library Staff
    They just keep getting better - thanks again Huub!

Kevin

Albatros D.III Oeffag Georg Kenzian

Description: This is a repaint, and probably my last for a while, for the Albatros D.III Oeffag by Captain Kurt. This repaint is based on the schemes supplied by Eduard and pictures from the real aircraft after it had crash landed. This aircraft entered service with the Austro-Hungarian air force in September, 1917, and was flown by Flik 55/J, where it became the personal plane of Georg Kenzian von Kenzianshausen. On this aircraft, he gained his fourth and fifth victories on the 18th and 27th of November, 1917. This plane was written off after a bad landing in January, 1918. Kenzian began his flying career as an observer with Flik 24. His first victory was gained with his pilot, Rudolf Forst on June 16th, 1916, the victim being a Farman, and four days later came the next victory, with the pilot being Josef Kiss. However, at the end of July, the crew of Alois Jezek and Georg Kenzian were shot down by a group of Italian fighters. After recovering, service at a flight school, and pilot training, Kenzian was transferred to Flik 55/J as a deputy commander in August, 1917. Here, he scored further kills, and by March, 1918, he would raise his total to nine. At the end of the war, he served as Co of Flik 68/J and 42/J. Kenzian survived two wars and died in Vienna after a heart attack in 1953.

CREDITS

Captain Kurt for his remarkable WWI models and Martin Wright for his indispensable DTX1 bitmap manipulator.

This should be it.

Enjoy,
    Huub Vink
    December 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Albatros D.III Oeffag Georg Kenzian

Many thanks Captain + Huub treasures to enjoy

Thank you for your repaints!

Lovely work! Many thanks Huub.

Members who have read this thread: 1