Defaulting to Real Time and Real World Weather

Thread: Defaulting to Real Time and Real World Weather

Defaulting to Real Time and Real World Weather

Hello All,

Quick question, has any experienced this issue?

Post the new update earlier this week, I now find when I set up any flight it always defaults to Real Time and Weather, I am sure it has reset some setting I am unaware off but I am clueless as to what it may be.

Any suggestions or others experiencing the same thing?

Cheers,

Sketchy

It has always done that for me since day 1.
    Mathias

Blog Entries
    I have read on other forums, and I am experiencing the sim changing setting. I keep getting these "Objectives" and POI in front of me. I go into Options and find the game has set everything to EASY. I reset them and then the next time I turn on the sim, or maybe one or two times later, there are the damn "Objectives" in my face again.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have read on other forums, and I am experiencing the sim changing setting. I keep getting these "Objectives" and POI in front of me. I go into Options and find the game has set everything to EASY. I reset them and then the next time I turn on the sim, or maybe one or two times later, there are the damn "Objectives" in my face again.
    Hi John, yes it is frustrating.

I don't think I am seeing the same issue you are, for example for me when I am in the weather section and click on the slider to turn off real weather and real time, if I wait 4-5 seconds it just slides back again, really scratching my head on this one, the search on the forums I have done so far have not come up with someone else experiencing it so not sure if it is just me!

Cheers,

Fraser

Is there an option anywhere to not use real time when you start a flight? Normally I do my sim flying in the evening after work/dinner/time with family so its always dark outside in real life, but.I don't want to just do night flying. Ok, I start at night and have to change it, but when I finish a flight and want to get ready for the next leg I have to go back to the main menu and reset everything, it would be nice if it defaulted that the departure airport was the one you just landed at and the time was the in sim time when you just left.

If there was a way to file a new flight plan without having to go out to the main menu it would be better.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Is there an option anywhere to not use real time when you start a flight? Normally I do my sim flying in the evening after work/dinner/time with family so its always dark outside in real life, but.I don't want to just do night flying. Ok, I start at night and have to change it, but when I finish a flight and want to get ready for the next leg I have to go back to the main menu and reset everything, it would be nice if it defaulted that the departure airport was the one you just landed at and the time was the in sim time when you just left.

If there was a way to file a new flight plan without having to go out to the main menu it would be better.
    I know this was possible in FS9 and possibly in FSX. The sim saved the state where you shut down as "lastflight.flt" (exact name may not be accurate, but you get my drift...), and you could select that as the default flight. This sim is completely different in that regard. This one doesn't save that info when you shut down, so there's no way to automatically start at that same spot. You should, however, be able to save your status at shutdown (hit Esc and follow the prompts) to a *.flt file and then just load that on the next flight. You can even use the same filename and overwrite the old one if you want.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have done some digging around on some forums and do not see other people talking about it so I think it must be unique to myself, all rather odd!

Fingers crossed something will suddenly rectify itself!

Cheers,

Fras

I'm another one who's assistance settings default back to easy every other day, strange!

Keith.

Hey SpaceHippy,

So yours stay put for a few days?

Mine are odd and revert back after a few seconds.

Cool that you are near Blackbushe, I used to live up the road. Remember when that B52 flew over from the USA to do a fly past at the Farnborough airshow in the 2000's and flew over Blackbushe instead? Must have confused all the Cessna 152's in the circuit. lol

Cheers,

Fras

Haven't had the RT Weather issue, but if I go into Content Manager & alter something, next start all my Assistance settings have been changed from Hard to Easy & the HUD on the screen is On, normally it is off.
    I think this is since SU7.
    T43

Quote Originally Posted by sketchy View Post
    Hey SpaceHippy,

So yours stay put for a few days?

Mine are odd and revert back after a few seconds.

Cool that you are near Blackbushe, I used to live up the road. Remember when that B52 flew over from the USA to do a fly past at the Farnborough airshow in the 2000's and flew over Blackbushe instead? Must have confused all the Cessna 152's in the circuit. lol

Cheers,

Fras

Hey Fras,

Oh Boy, do I remember! I was there for the week helping out with Farnborough Airshow radio station, there were quite a few bemused people!

Yeah, I do get a few days grace before the settings throw a strop!

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice43 View Post
    Haven't had the RT Weather issue, but if I go into Content Manager & alter something, next start all my Assistance settings have been changed from Hard to Easy & the HUD on the screen is On, normally it is off.
    I think this is since SU7.
    T43
    Ah so that's the trigger, well spotted.
    I do check the content manager regularly, (still looking out for the Stearman update) but I didn't realise it was that that was causing the Assistance settings to reset.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56