Gloster Meteor F Mk8

Thread: Gloster Meteor F Mk8

Gloster Meteor F Mk8

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2020 - Military Jets

Description: Development of the Meteor began in 1940, although work on the engines had been under way since 1936. The Meteor first flew in 1943 and commenced operations on 27 July 1944 with No. 616 Squadron RAF. The Meteor was not a sophisticated aircraft in its aerodynamics, but proved to be a successful combat fighter.
    Blender model using MSFS SDK version 0.16.0
    Canopy opens with ctrl+w keys.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Gloster Meteor F Mk8
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks Rob
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Superb!!! Many thanks, Rob!!
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Rob, very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Ian

very nice, thank you!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks Rob. Looks good but challenging to fly (like - I suspect - the real thing....)

Thanks for another excellent aircraft and am really looking forward to giving this a fly.

I was wondering if it was possible to apply the correct icao type for the Meteor? Currently the `icao_type_designator` is erroneously set to `single seat jet`, which results in model matching using a Beech Bonanza instead of the same aircraft if someone else loads in with the Meteor. We found setting the `icao_type_designator` to `METR` fixes the issue.

Starting the engines without Ctrl E

Hi. Love the Meteor and I am wondering if there is a technique to start the engines without having to use CTRL E I have some switches which i have bound to control engine starts and initially it appears to work, you can here the engine spooling up but it just stays making that noise and does not fully start up. I tried using the mouse over the starters as well and the same happens, only way I canm start it is CCTRL E which I hate doing as for me the engine starting sequence is a big part of the whole flying experience.

New model problem

Hi Rob. Love the Meteor and have been trying the new model out. I love the new textures .In the new model when I am on the ground or in flight in the outside view there is a beam of exhaust gases projecting down and forward at about 45 degree angle. Still trying to figure this out and am only using default liveries for now. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. It projects from around the area of the intakes.

Members who have read this thread: 34