currently in the workshop(s)

Thread: currently in the workshop(s)

Hybrid View

currently in the workshop(s)

Numerous varieties of PBY ...

Dutch (MLD) using Shessi's Catalina mkI

It seems they used GB ordnance, but also 100 & 300kg bombs. Does anyone know if these were the WW1 PuW style weapons, or a later shape? All I've found is a single b & w photo from a Dutch East Indies factory showing it's range of munitions, & there just seems to be a vaguely PuW shaped 200kg bomb on the display, all the rest are artillery shells...

I've revised the airfile & am working on a panel.cfg that uses metric instruments, but the DP file needs some ordnance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shessi_CatMkI_MLD_DEC41b.jpg   Shessi_CatmkI_MLD_JAN42a.jpg   shessi_CatmkI_MLD_MAR42a.jpg  

Lots of ASW ordnance to hang off the PBY wings...

All are multi-LOD & configured like DBolt & Allens weapons so they hang from the same mount locations (important because of the 24 hardpoint limit)

US Depth Bombs, both 650lb & 325lb ranges
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US_mk29_depthbomb_UT.jpg   US_mk37_depthbomb_UT.jpg   US_mk41_depthbomb_UT.jpg   US_mk17_depthbomb_UT.jpg  

Some GB depthcharges

the 450lb mkVII, & the 250lb mkVIII
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WEP_GB_mkVIII250lbDC_UT_tail.jpg   WEP_GB_mkVII450lbDC_UT2.jpg   WEP_GB_mkVII450lbDC_UT3.jpg   WEP_GB_mkVIII250lbDC_UT.jpg  

Later on in the war RAAF PBYs were used for long-range minelaying missions, so we have a range of UK & US mine types to deploy ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GB_mkVI_mine_UT_a.jpg   GB_mkV_mine_UT_b.jpg   GB_mkIX_mine_UT_a.jpg   GB_mkI_mine_UT_b.jpg   US_mk25_mine_UT_a.jpg   US_mk13_mine_UT.jpg  

In May 1943 the first acoustic homing torpedo, mk24 FIDO achieved it's first kill of Iceland.

These screengrabs use Shessi's Canso A as the launch vehicle, so the fuselage mounted radar is not typical, but it's the best amphibious PBY-5A we have ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails US_mk24_FIDO_UT_a.jpg   shessi_Canso_A_PBY5A_VP84_FIDO_UTa.jpg   shessi_Canso_A_PBY5A_VP84_FIDO_UTf.jpg  

& lastly my scenery work continues. I've now finished extending west from Buna/Milne Bay to Port Moresby, & have "flown" the rivers to better match the LOD 8 mesh ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PortMoresby2Kokoda-done.jpg   approaching_portMoresby_from the SE.jpg   astrolabe range SE of PortMoresby.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0