Sim Update 7 Release Notes - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sim Update 7 Release Notes

Half-way through download, but by all accounts - don't use DX-12!

Blog Entries
    Everything but DX12 works for me. I had to CTD on loading the airplane. Went back to DX11.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I don't get any afterburner with the F-18 at all. Stays subsonic unless I go into a steep dive. Very strange. The pilot also disappears and reappears randomly.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I don't get any afterburner with the F-18 at all. Stays subsonic unless I go into a steep dive. Very strange. The pilot also disappears and reappears randomly.
    And the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    It´s not an easy task. At least for me.
    You need to click each of throttle levers, then you´ll have to configure them. Got 3 options...Adjust Throttle/fuel cut off at../Activate afterburner at full throttle. Unable to change afterburner to on...
    Hope they change this procedure or someone comes with a mod. Much easier with DcDesigns F-14, auto afterburner. Have no need for this.
    Regards

Dx 12

Got a Nvidia 3070, everything ultra, took off. fly over Lisbon (with mods) and land with the F-18.
    DX12 on, average 18-23 FPS stutters, freezes, the works..
    DX11 same flight 10 minutes after, average 43-60 FPS smooth flight.
    No more DX12 here...

Listed as a known issue with the F-18. You will need to bind a key to afterburner toggle for the AB to work correctly for now. Increase throttle, press AB toggle key bind.

Quote Originally Posted by ak416 View Post
    Listed as a known issue with the F-18. You will need to bind a key to afterburner toggle for the AB to work correctly for now. Increase throttle, press AB toggle key bind.

Egad! Is Asobo the right company for this kind of implementation? LOL
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I don't know, considering I paid nothing for it I'm quite happy with it. It is basically exactly what I wanted out of it. Great 3d model, excellent sound design and the files are unencrypted. Couple that with the improvements that came along with it, like supersonic flight, afterburner functionality, g limiter key bindings, triggers for audio effects like sonic booms etc all natively supported instead of having to rely on workarounds, that's the bit I personally find the most exciting.

Not really into competitive racing either, it's nice to be able to purchase the P-51D and T-6 separately from the Marketplace, both beautiful models, sounds great, but need work as for the Mustang, the gauge backgrounds don't line up. Other annoyances, somehow the default position is in the back seat, there isn't a pilot in exterior camera, and looking at the fuselage albedo, it will be impossible to do hand repaints the old way. It's a digital mess of patterns, hopefully someone can make us a paintkit for the exteriors or explain how we might create our own liveries. Still a great model which can only be improved from this point. Yay! A Mustang in MSFS!

Could someone post shots of the L39, P51D, P51A, T6 VC's please?

Thanks!

Jan
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2023
    Too many location markers. We had airports and POI's. Now there are communities within cities. The markers are multiplying like rabbits. Is there a way to turn them off?

If you like low and slow the Volocity is for you. Great for seeing objects up close but it takes a while to get there. Easy to land where you want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Too many location markers. We had airports and POI's. Now there are communities within cities. The markers are multiplying like rabbits. Is there a way to turn them off?

If you like low and slow the Volocity is for you. Great for seeing objects up close but it takes a while to get there. Easy to land where you want.
    Under Options/Assistance Options/POI. There you turn all or some off.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Blog Entries
    I have an issue that didn't exist before SU 7. Now, after going to VR, if I try and return to normal 2D the sim crashes to desktop. Once I am in VR I can't leave without crashing the sim. I was going to try and learn to do screenshots (inspired by RichardLouis's tutorial) but I can't get to viewing outside the headset. I updated the OXR program and made sure Mixed Media is up to date.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have an issue that didn't exist before SU 7. Now, after going to VR, if I try and return to normal 2D the sim crashes to desktop. Once I am in VR I can't leave without crashing the sim. I was going to try and learn to do screenshots (inspired by RichardLouis's tutorial) but I can't get to viewing outside the headset. I updated the OXR program and made sure Mixed Media is up to date.

It works for me. Hit Ctrl+0. Its not any hot fix for sure. MSFS must solve this issue.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I'm having the same issue here.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

No problems switching between VR and 2D and back and back and back for me (Quest 2, Steam using the Steam OpenXR).
    I have lost a few frames in VR though.

It's Saturday morning here, I've started the update, and it looks like it's going to take close to two hours - maybe more. I'm at 7% and it's been running for 10-15 minutes already. But... If it runs in one cycle without looping, I'll take it!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

So I don't jinx myself here...

I'm at 83% after an hour and a half with no loops so far.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Just whatever you do, don't get cocky and walk away from it. I didn't get my first loop until 90% done on Thursday night, but then I had 3 of them in that last couple of gigs. We've all learned now that you gotta babysit these SU# downloads!

This one's worth it though (not that you have a choice), the new goodies are nice and it doesn't seem to have broken anything much, as long as you don't switch on DX12.

August

No loops!!!

It took a while, but I was getting decent speeds, so it didn't take as long as it could have. The update is done, and everything in the Content manager that needed to be updated is done too. Last step was to delete all of the Xbox liveries so that I don't see them as AI.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

You deleted liveries for the stock planes? How did you get away with that? I tried doing that once, because I don't like seeing those ugly paint schemes in my livery selection screen, but the next time I started the game, it busted me and made me sit through 2 gigs of downloads while it reinstalled them all.

August

First few impressions...

The Porter needs serious help. In the menu, there's no distinction between the steam and glass versions. That's probably easy enough to fix in a cfg file, but still... Cold and dark doesn't exist. Start on a ramp spot, and your avionics are already running. Flip off the battery switch and it flips back on. Externally, the spinning prop disk casts an opaque shadow, and the only control surface that moves is the rudder. (Flaps are animated, but I don't count them as a "control" surface.)

The new XCub with trike gear is nice. The only thing I found so far on that one is that there's no decal on the tank selector valve. Unless you know the original, you don't know what you're doing without tooltips.

Volocopter... Yeah... That's one strange duck.

I still need to retest the TBM. I haven't flown that one since the parking brake alarm issue. Release notes say that's fixed. I also need to test the DA62X mod to be sure SU7 didn't break something there.

One of the nicest things I've found in the menus is the option to disable the end of flight popup when you shut down the plane. Quite often, I'm not really finished with cutting off fuel controls or waiting for the prop to spin down on a t-prop, and saying "Continue" just puts another empty entry into the flight log.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I noticed the same problems with the Porter. I could switch everything off manually for my cold&dark startup, excepted the battery.
    Also no control surface move, excepted the rudder.
    I didn't notice the prop disc shadow though, but I did notice it rotates slightly off-center, just like a plane from FS9 era... What a shame...
    At least, it did start successfully.
    The fact the propeller has no beta position is a bummer though.

Quote Originally Posted by K5083 View Post
    You deleted liveries for the stock planes? How did you get away with that? I tried doing that once, because I don't like seeing those ugly paint schemes in my livery selection screen, but the next time I started the game, it busted me and made me sit through 2 gigs of downloads while it reinstalled them all.

August
    Via the Content Manager. Search for xbox, then Select All and Delete. I did the same for the black "01" liveries when they came out, and I'll probably do the same for the Aviators Club too.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0