Shupe FS9 DHC7 Dash in W10?

Thread: Shupe FS9 DHC7 Dash in W10?

Shupe FS9 DHC7 Dash in W10?

I still run FS2004 but plan to upgrade from W7 to W10. Scared of gremlins due to absence of security updates.

Does anyone know if this aircraft will run successfully in FS2004 in W10 x64?

Thanks!

Hi JoHubb,

Although I don't have this particular aircraft installed, I never had any problems with aircraft in FS9 under Windows10

When you install FS9 in the default C:\Program Files (x86) directory you will run into the usual problems, that you required administrator rights to make any changes. In general not a huge problem, but just annoying.

The only problems I ever had with FS9 and Windows10 were all related to graphics. Especially the early versions from W10 didn't work very well together with the Nvidea drivers. And every Nvidea update and W10 update more or less caused problems. However this seems to be solved, as I can't recall I had any problems in the last two years.

As said I don't have Milton Shupe's DHC7 Dash installed, but I have a huge amount of models installed, including several by Milton Shupe.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks, Huub!

That is very helpful information. I will not install in C:\Program Files x86. Luckily I have a spare SSD which I can use for FS2004 itself, with storage elsewhere.

I do not expect everything to be trouble-free - there are many years between FS2004 and WIndows 10! But, FS2004 is worth some trouble. I have it running very sweetly in W7 so here's hoping it will run almost as sweetly in W10.

Thanks again!

John

There's also this up top in tips and tricks section

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...regards-to-FS9

I would (if you can) just copy your current fs9 folder completely to your external hard drive; as your install discs might not work
    (microsoft have deliberately 'broken' the digital rights management software to 'better protect' windows10 from hackers)--there was a workaround in early days of win 10 that involved hacking the registry; but even that has been coded out by subsequent win10 updates

I have fs9 running on Win10, from external drive

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; November 18th, 2021 at 10:27.

Thanks Pete, I had completely forgotten about that thread. It contains a lot of good hints. I saw a lot of names who do not longer visit these forums.

Time moves fast as I had never realised I already made the switch to Windows10 in 2015!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    FS2004 works perfectly with Windows 10.
    Install into C: NOT into its default Program Files
    Install the 9.1 update & patch
    Right click the exe & run in XP compatibility and as Administrator.
    The above works perfectly for me in Windows 10 and Windows 11!
    And I have 8 unique FS2004 installs.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 0