In need of infrastructure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In need of infrastructure

In need of infrastructure

I am playing around with the idea of a Kursk - USSR campaign and need some stuff that I cant find in the "library." it would be great if one of our infrastructure/vehicle wizards could come up with a eastern front 1943-45 set. The objects I would lice the most to see are:
    Tiger 1 Pz-VI, Ferdinand Panzerjäger Tiger, Hummel SP 150 mm gun-howitzer, towed German 105mm and 150 mm howitzers, Soviet T-34c, T-34/85, SU-85, SU-152, and BM-13 "Katyusha." These would give a more historical accent to the target fields. They would be a must for an Operaton Bagration in the summer of 44.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

I think one or two of these maybe around from the rebuild CFS1 objects.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Shadow wolf......

....I think over at the Free Site downloads there are some of the Soviet/Chinese tanks by John Fortin. Look at his Vietnam section . I believe page 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber View Post
    ....I think over at the Free Site downloads there are some of the Soviet/Chinese tanks by John Fortin. Look at his Vietnam section . I believe page 6 or 7.
    Hi Fibber: Where is this "Free site?"

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I think one or two of these maybe around from the rebuild CFS1 objects.
    Hi Allen: I didn't find any of these in the cfs1 rebuild objects. For example, CFS1 has the Tiger II but nit the Tiger I.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Hi Fibber: Where is this "Free site?"

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ee-Flight-Site

Hi Allen: I didn't find any of these in the cfs1 rebuild objects.
    T-34: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/freeflig...34-85_WWII.zip A variety of 1930's Soviet tanks, trucks field and AA guns for using in your custom missions. All objects are multi-resolution and destroyable: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=282&id=5918

Edmundo Abad has a ton of CFS1 vehicles at Flightsim: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=89384504 (need to log in) Unfortunately they are all API'z, not mdl's.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Thanks.....

Capt. Kirk for posting the link. Couldn’t get Ipad to link it. Sprry for that Shadow Wolf. As a adide didn’t there used to be a link to it in the library ? I remember it was for No Dice (RIP) before BloodHawk incorporated it to the Free Site.

Sorry for that

Capt Kurt: I downloaded the T-34/85 (D/L was 995kb!), extracted it and it came out an empty folder. I turned off my AV, downloaded and extracted again with the same results. Anyone else get this?

I uninstalled my old free version of Win Zip , extracted the now "windows compressed" folder and had all the contents, redy to install.
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; November 14th, 2021 at 14:06. Reason: Update
    "De Oppresso Liber"

This work?

Attachment 85132

Wow!

Allen:

It sure does! A Tiger I - that would be one off my list. Rami already gave me a link to Simviation's CFS1 rusntanks download so I now have a T-34c, and KV-1.
    What I need most of all is German vehicles and equip as when I attack it will be from the Soviet side against attacking Nazi formations or against their defenses. Soviet weapons would be nice to have but not required in those instances.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow Wolf....

...I just checked my d/l's and they d/l'ed fine here. If you want sne me a addy and I will forward mine to you. (If I am allowed back on my wifes company computer !)

Captain KURT, appologies after addressing you as commander of the Starship Enterprise. Never even noticed apple changed the name. Small print wrong glasses.

...I just checked my d/l's and they d/l'ed fine here. If you want sne me a addy and I will forward mine to you. (If I am allowed back on my wifes company computer !)

Captain KURT, appologies after addressing you as commander of the Starship Enterprise. Never even noticed apple changed the name. Small print wrong glasses.
    I fixed it!
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Here ya go.

Attachment 85136

Shadow Wolf.....

...IIRC, Wolfi did a whole bunch of Axis vehicles.

...IIRC, Wolfi did a whole bunch of Axis vehicles.
    Yes, sir but I need, or rather, would like to see more artillery, SP and towed, arty emplacements and more 1943-45 AFVs Allen's pic of the Tiger is a nice start.

And a BIG thanks to Allen!
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf 07; November 14th, 2021 at 17:00.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Shadow wolf..

... as a POI , I knew that there was a link here to the Free Flight site. It is at the top of the CFS2 Forum page !

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Here ya go.

Attachment 85136
    Hi Allen, this is worth posting to the Library so it is permanently available. Would you do the honors please?
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Fibber: I got it a few days ago. Thanks! I still would like to have a Hummel and towed and unlimbered German 150mm, 105mm and 75mm AT guns. In case you were wondering, my next project is Kursk USSR VVS campaign It will have several campaigns in the package - northern and southern sectors Bomber and fighter campaigns - defense and counter attack, 6-8 campaigns in all. I have all my downloads except Hs-123 and Hs-129 and of course the desired infrastructure and vehicles. What would you guys recommend I use for arty emplacements,LW revetments or others? The AA emplacements are probably too small.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Emplacements......

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 07 View Post
    Fibber: I got it a few days ago. Thanks! I still would like to have a Hummel and towed and unlimbered German 150mm, 105mm and 75mm AT guns. In case you were wondering, my next project is Kursk USSR VVS campaign It will have several campaigns in the package - northern and southern sectors Bomber and fighter campaigns - defense and counter attack, 6-8 campaigns in all. I have all my downloads except Hs-123 and Hs-129 and of course the desired infrastructure and vehicles. What would you guys recommend I use for arty emplacements,LW revetments or others? The AA emplacements are probably too small.
    shadow Wolf, looked around and the only emplacements I find are from the TAF project (coastal defense) and one over at FF Vietnam Project.

With that in mind anyone heard from MR or Jadg lately ?

shadow Wolf, looked around and the only emplacements I find are from the TAF project (coastal defense) and one over at FF Vietnam Project.

With that in mind anyone heard from MR or Jadg lately ?

Yes sir, I know of those. I will try, once I get the field guns and AT guns to put in them.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Greg,

Is this the kind of thing you're after?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GER_erlywar_troops+arty_pic1.jpg   GER_erlywar_troops+arty_pic2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Greg,

Is this the kind of thing you're after?
    Yes, UT, that s a sample of exactly what I need. I found a download with Sov 132 and 76m arty pieces, but no German pieces.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Maybe this is what

I think You want . I found these over at ww2fighters.net. Year 2005. It was for Janes WW2 fighters and are mods. As such they would have to be converted and I have NO clue how to do that. Only trying to help ....

Hi SW
    I have made a couple of things you may like.
    Hummel_Sd_Kfz_165, multi LOD, about 500 polys and a damaged model as well.
    SU_85_TankDestroyer, multi LOD, about 650 polys, no damage model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hummel.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	85416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SU_85_TankDestroyer.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	85417

They are 'ships'.
    I do not know the procedure for making them 'vehicles'

Cheers
    Stuart

If you have or can get the FS2002 gMax plug-ins you can use http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=16622 to make vehicles and objects.

Hi Allen
    I knew you were the man.
    I checked out your 2004 tut. before posting.
    I will give the 2002 a rip on friday.
    Cheers
    Stuart
    PS
    Thanks for all your work on the background stuff, which helps us so much.

Members who have read this thread: 0