In need of infrastructure - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of infrastructure

Nicely done Stuart

I'm making piecemeal progress with some more german artillery, & hope to have some German troops for you soon too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SBX_GER_troops_c1_pic7.jpg   SBX_GER_troops_fg_pic3.jpg   GER_gelb_sdkfz7+FH18_dply_UT.jpg   GER_grau_sdkfz7+FH18_dply_UT.jpg  

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

This is very exciting....I'm looking forward to it!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    This has become a hive of activity - thanks Allen, Stuart and John for the lovely new models!

Cheers,
    Kevin

Ahh... new targets! Looks great, UT! Thanks in advance for your contributions. The guns and PMs look good. I, personally, have plenty of GE ground troops to populate the missions with. How abut SP arty like the 50mm "Hummel?" The cfs1 library objects already give us the 105mm "Wespe."

Are you doing Sov 122s, 152s, 76s and SP guns like the Su-122 and SU-152? Not requesting, just curious.

Cheers:

Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Greg

Stuart277 has already done the Hummel + an SU85, see above...
    To be honest, once I've wrapped up the gunpits + done a couple more types of German gun, I'll head back to Port Moresby, I have a large scenery project that needs to be completed.

I was a big fan of Battlefront's Combat Mission series back in the day, + did quite a few repaints for CMBB. CMBB covered the entire Eastern Front war, so there's lost of texture source material for all the various combatants.
    Probably easier to limit the choices to those items necessary to complete particular missions

Quote Originally Posted by stuart277 View Post
    Hi SW
    I have made a couple of things you may like.
    Hummel_Sd_Kfz_165, multi LOD, about 500 polys and a damaged model as well.
    SU_85_TankDestroyer, multi LOD, about 650 polys, no damage model.

Attachment 85416Attachment 85417

They are 'ships'.
    I do not know the procedure for making them 'vehicles'

Cheers
    Stuart
    Sorry, I didn't see these until UT tipped me about hem. Even as "ships" that's okay as long as they can be sunk. My understanding is that when a flight of planes is set tom"strike," they will attack infrastructure (tanks buildings, docked or stationary ships etc, but not moving ships. And visa versa, flights set to "ship attack" will not attack infrastructure objects. The Hummel, unless in a convoy, will no doubt be a stationary inf object. as will the SU-122. So there is no problem there. While moving in convoy or attack, as ships, I wonder if planes set to "search and destroy" will attack them?

Don't get me wrong, these are beautifully done and welcome additions. Keep up the great work!

Cheers:
    Greg
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Greg

Stuart277 has already done the Hummel + an SU85, see above...
    To be honest, once I've wrapped up the gunpits + done a couple more types of German gun, I'll head back to Port Moresby, I have a large scenery project that needs to be completed.

I was a big fan of Battlefront's Combat Mission series back in the day, + did quite a few repaints for CMBB. CMBB covered the entire Eastern Front war, so there's lost of texture source material for all the various combatants.
    Probably easier to limit the choices to those items necessary to complete particular missions
    Uncle:

Your contributions to the ETO are greatly appreciated and welcome. I can hardly wait to download them. Back to the PTO jungles eh? After my current project I may get my feet wet again too.

Cheers:
    Greg.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

The weather was crappy today so here's a WIP shot of progress on the next German artillery piece - no picnic for those pesky Russian tankies now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GER_Flak18grau_dply_AT_UT_WIP.jpg  

I also made some progress with the gunpits - I now have a range of 3 patterns, in 2 sizes, making 6 variations in all. The damage model seems to work OK too ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inf_gunpit_md_C_UT.jpg   inf_gunpit_md_B_UT.jpg   inf_gunpit_md_A_UT.jpg  

Wow, they all look great! Is that a FLAK-37? I am patiently waiting for the final product.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Greg,

Check your mail, you have some updated objects to test ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inf_gunpit_lg_A_destroyed.jpg   GER_flak18gelb_dplyAA_UT.jpg   GER_flak18gelb_trvl_UT.jpg   GER_flak18grau_dplyAT_UT2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTgt View Post
    Greg,

Check your mail, you have some updated objects to test ...
    Will do as soon as I get home from my morning and PM errands.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Some vehicle pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kursk079.jpg   Kursk078.jpg   Kursk080.jpg   Kursk081.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

One more with damage.

UncleTgt:

I did not try the GE soldiers yet and the emplacements are tough but take damage too. I have not yet tried the vehicles as moving objects, but will tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kursk082A.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

More of the good Uncle's (Beta) infrastructure and vehicles:

They work well and look fantastic. Thank you sir!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kursk086A.jpg   Kursk085A.jpg   Kursk087A.jpg   Kursk088A.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Attack setting quandry

Another action shot. Attacking Allen's Tigers, moving in formation (below right landing gear) with one burning. One of my wingmen got him. The other flights did not attack though. I had all set to search and destroy. Should I set them to anti-ship (for moving objects) or strike?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kursk092A.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0