UKMIL Buccaneer: payloads help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UKMIL Buccaneer: payloads help!

UKMIL Buccaneer: payloads help!

Does anyone have the payloads weight configurations for the UKMIL Buccaneer? Their site is down and I'd love to have some wing stores for this still-good plane...

Maybe I do not understand your question but the payload weights are listed in the aircraft.cfg file, you can simply set the weights permanently by updating the aircraft.cfg or add them on the fly when you start a flight:

station_load.0 =450, 3.23, -8.7, -1.0, Slipper L +450
    station_load.1 =450, 3.23, 8.7, -1.0, Slipper R +450
    station_load.2 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, Martel L +1200
    station_load.3 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, Martel R +1200
    station_load.4 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, AIM9 L +300
    station_load.5 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, AIM9 R +300
    station_load.6 =100, 15.0, 0.0, 1.9, AREF Probe +100
    station_load.7 =200, -3.2, 0.0, -0.6, Pylons +200
    station_load.8 = 0, -2.5, 1.0, 0.0, ACMI pod +300
    station_load.9 = 0, -0.6, -8.7, -1.0, SNEB L out +500
    station_load.10 = 0, -0.6, 8.7, -1.0, SNEB L In +500
    station_load.11 = 0, -3.2, -11.6, -1.0, SNEB R In+500
    station_load.12 = 0, -3.2, 11.6, -1.0, SNEB R Out +500
    station_load.13 =200, 2.5, 0.1, 2.50
    station_name.13 =BombDoor+200
    station_load.14 =0, 3.5,-0.1, 2.50
    station_name.14 =ReecePod+500
    station_load.15 =0, -3.5, 0.1,-1.50
    station_name.15 =FuelTank+500
    station_load.16 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.16 =1000Lb+1150
    station_load.17 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.17 =LGB1+500
    station_load.18 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.18 =LGB2+500
    station_load.19 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.19 =LGB3+500
    station_load.20 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.20 =LGB4+500
    station_load.21 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.21 =ECM+200
    station_load.22 =0, -0.5,-0.1,-1.50
    station_name.22 =AVQ23+200

Flying Stations Buc has not surfaced anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Maybe I do not understand your question but the payload weights are listed in the aircraft.cfg file, you can simply set the weights permanently by updating the aircraft.cfg or add them on the fly when you start a flight:
    Cheers! I grabbed it off Rikoooooo[...]ooo to see if it would still work in P3v5 (it does, brilliantly) but the station configs were changed, and the UKMIL PDF said to reference the online manual for configs.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Flying Stations Buc has not surfaced anywhere?
    I have that as well (bought it back in the day) but the payload config doesn't work in P3Dv5, sadly.

Got Both

I downloaded both packages of the Bucaneer as well as the Flying Stations Aircraft carriers to use for carquals with it. My aircraft.cfg HAS all the weapons stations but I hope someone on here who has the manual that was on their website will share it in this thread to download it. The link that it says to get it is dead. Thanks for helping out (I hope).

FYI the following Flying Stations Buccaneers manuals:

- Flying Stations Buccaneer S1 VC.pdf
    - Flying Stations Buccaneer S1_20110826_PN.pdf
    - Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 Manual.pdf

Box cloud link:
    https://app.box.com/s/xg9ilyrwm8yxg1i28xlawvucwkg2e7gd

thanks so much

Just downloaded them. Really appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    I have that as well (bought it back in the day) but the payload config doesn't work in P3Dv5, sadly.

Maybe not the ideal location, but since you brought it up - are you saying you've gotten it to work in v5 except for the payload manager? Because I'm running v4 and never loaded it based on feedback that people said the dlls were 32-bit and thus wouldn't work at all.

If it will fly right right with all instruments, I'll happily reinstall it. Was one of my favourite aircraft in FSX .....

Thanks to you or @hschuit who can comment on it working in P3D v4+ ...

dl

Daniel, the Flying Stations Buccs will not work properly in P3Dv4/v5. The model can be loaded but many (some of them critical) features will not work as they depend on 32bit DLL modules. To name a few things which do not work in a 64bit sim:

- Catapult nose up tilt and launch dynamics
    - Flaps/aileron droop and flaps control
    - Loadout configurations - weights
    - Fuel selector switching between tanks logic
    - Radar

Henk.

Henk,

Perhaps you can answer a question I have on the Flying Stations Buccaneer.

In my readings I understand that the real Bucc had a Boundary Layer Control system. It's likely too sophisticated to be modeled in the sim, but then I was wonder what the BLOW switch does on the right panel (see switch #56 pages 37 and 38 of the S.2 manual).

Any insight as to what this switch does or is it inop?

Thanks
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

BLC

From Google:
    Boundary layer control
    BLC bled high pressure air directly from the engines, which was "blown" against various parts of the aircraft's wing surfaces. A full-span slit along the part of the wing's trailing edge was found to give almost 50% more lift than any contemporary scheme.

I am by far not an aeronautical engineer flightsim or otherwise which is why I looked it up. If it WERE able to be implemented in our flight simulators, I would think that it would have to be added to the air file and/or aircraft.cfg as a gauge that would increase the lift. Interesting problem if there is a flight simulator solution to create it. A 50% increase would be noticeable definitely.

thank you

FYI the following Flying Stations Buccaneers manuals:

- Flying Stations Buccaneer S1 VC.pdf
    - Flying Stations Buccaneer S1_20110826_PN.pdf
    - Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 Manual.pdf

Box cloud link:
    https://app.box.com/s/xg9ilyrwm8yxg1i28xlawvucwkg2e7gd
    Thank you for the link. I thought that I had this in my hanger but didn't. Fortunately I was able to find a download link to the S.2 which is working right now.

As far as I can tell, the Flying Stations Buccs have custom coding in the Dynamics_Gauge.dll module to simulate extra lift when the blow switch is on and aileron droop exceeds 5 degrees. For the S.2 (Spey engined) variants, the use of bleed air for the BLC system also reduces engine thrust a bit.

That's Super

As far as I can tell, the Flying Stations Buccs have custom coding in the Dynamics_Gauge.dll module to simulate extra lift when the blow switch is on and aileron droop exceeds 5 degrees. For the S.2 (Spey engined) variants, the use of bleed air for the BLC system also reduces engine thrust a bit.
    Waiting on my download.

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the manuals.
    -- WH

If You Are Just Joining Us

If you are just getting setup with the Buccaneer like me, I went looking for where it was stationed ashore: RNAS Lossiemouth which was updated for FSX and is in the Warbirds Library here. There are a couple files that are needed one of which did not come up for me in the WBL. I was able to find a download for it at AVSIM for the RAF_gse_1980's_FSX. The actual title at AVSIM is:

objlib-RAF-gse-1980-fsx.zip

Blog Entries
    Daniel, the Flying Stations Buccs will not work properly in P3Dv4/v5. The model can be loaded but many (some of them critical) features will not work as they depend on 32bit DLL modules. To name a few things which do not work in a 64bit sim:

- Catapult nose up tilt and launch dynamics
    - Flaps/aileron droop and flaps control
    - Loadout configurations - weights
    - Fuel selector switching between tanks logic
    - Radar

Henk.
    Thanks Henk - that's (unfortunately) what I figured for P3Dv4/5. One of the few lingering jewels I mourn that I have had to lose out on.

For the UKMIL Bucc, I had to add wingfold and tailhook in manually into the aircraft.cfg, at least the version that I downloaded. It's actually a really nice external model. The VC in its construction is decent, though I wish it was possible to do basic navigation more readily; heading and course setting changes are really awkward through archaic 2D panels - ideas on how to improve that would be delightfully appreciated, for those of us who either have no Bucc in P3D or who haven't bought the Flying Stations version for FSX.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great package, and the included repaints address a very wide swath of the Bucc's schemes, even if the S.1 is not covered, and only 1 S.2 variant is covered. With a little polish, this could easily be the best of the UKMIL models.

Cheers,

dl

Tweaking

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Thanks Henk - that's (unfortunately) what I figured for P3Dv4/5. One of the few lingering jewels I mourn that I have had to lose out on.

For the UKMIL Bucc, I had to add wingfold and tailhook in manually into the aircraft.cfg, at least the version that I downloaded. It's actually a really nice external model. The VC in its construction is decent, though I wish it was possible to do basic navigation more readily; heading and course setting changes are really awkward through archaic 2D panels - ideas on how to improve that would be delightfully appreciated, for those of us who either have no Bucc in P3D or who haven't bought the Flying Stations version for FSX.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great package, and the included repaints address a very wide swath of the Bucc's schemes, even if the S.1 is not covered, and only 1 S.2 variant is covered. With a little polish, this could easily be the best of the UKMIL models.

Cheers,

dl
    It is quite a nice package. I am currently trying to get all the buildings onto Lossimouth. Just downloaded all the librarys at Iansdarkcorner though I have Ted's in my ADEx library.

I will probably try and update it to my liking for flying and navigation even though it will probably be not to the actual cockpit. Add the Garmin G1000? Well maybe not LOL!

All Set To Go

I have 6 RN Fields installed on FSX along with the Buccaneers (2-RN x'd out the others). I also downloaded the John Young AI Buccaneers with the NAS801 repaint for them and look forward to installing them. Last question what is that helo in the Lossiemouth thread here? I had a thread here on how I ai'd helos at Denton so I would find an ai for it and texture it if I have to make it like that. Something new to do after being Michigan airport'd out for a while. I am going to texture the ai buccaneer and get some traffic moving around the airport.

Reading

Just finished reading the Buccaneer S.2 manual and they say to activate the BLC and give it full flaps for takeoff so I assume it works as it should. Can't try it out for a few days but next week I'll give a review of my first flight at RNAS Lossiemouth. When I checked out the installation with the Ai Flight Plan I noticed that all the flights are done with one ai Buccaneer which looks silly IMO. Also noticed that except for one flightplan, all of them start at 00:30. It doesn't matter whether its GMT or Local, because its still "O-dark-30" so unless you enter the time you have to stay up until midnight to see them takeoff. Since the MAIW ai Buccaneer has 7 textures I changed the flight plan and saved it. I'm going to change those times too. Here is a screenshot:

Last edited by tgycgijoes; February 4th, 2022 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have 6 RN Fields installed on FSX along with the Buccaneers (2-RN x'd out the others). I also downloaded the John Young AI Buccaneers with the NAS801 repaint for them and look forward to installing them. Last question what is that helo in the Lossiemouth thread here? I had a thread here on how I ai'd helos at Denton so I would find an ai for it and texture it if I have to make it like that. Something new to do after being Michigan airport'd out for a while. I am going to texture the ai buccaneer and get some traffic moving around the airport.
    Which fields with Buccaneers?? Got me curious. Guess I need to get back into adding some more airfields.
    -- WH

Here's What I Found

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Which fields with Buccaneers?? Got me curious. Guess I need to get back into adding some more airfields.
    I Googled what airfield(s) had Buccaneers and found that one squadron was land based, RNAS 801 at EGQS Lossiemouth in Scotland where the squdron was commissioned. Six FAA squadrons were equipped with the Buccaneer: 700B/700Z (intensive flying trials unit), 736 (training), 800, 801, 803 and 809 Naval Air Squadrons. Buccaneers were embarked on HMS Victorious, Eagle, HMS Ark Royal, and Hermes.[62]The Buccaneer was retired from FAA service with the decommissioning in 1978 of the Ark Royal, the last of the navy's fleet carriers. [Wikipedia]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackb...#Fleet_Air_Arm

Go to the link above and after reading, click each of the squadron links for some really interesting reading.

Since the wikipedia article did not have a link to RNAS 809 I searched and found this really interesting page:

https://www.worldnavalships.com/dire...p?SquadronID=7

Have fun!

Don't forget RAF Honington. It was my first posting out of training, going to 208 Squadron in 1976. There was also 12 Squadron doing the anti maritime role with sea eagle missiles and 237 OCU with Buccaneers and Hunter T7's. In Germany 15+16 Squadrons flew out of RAF Laarbruch. A great four year start to my RAF career before moving on to Jaguars and Tornado's

Regards Paul Day.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Don't forget RAF Honington. It was my first posting out of training, going to 208 Squadron in 1976. There was also 12 Squadron doing the anti maritime role with sea eagle missiles and 237 OCU with Buccaneers and Hunter T7's. In Germany 15+16 Squadrons flew out of RAF Laarbruch. A great four year start to my RAF career before moving on to Jaguars and Tornado's

Regards Paul Day.
    Thank you for the real life insight. It is always welcome. We have a couple of guys here who give us great input on the U.S. Navy when we are doing projects.

https://simviation.com/simviation/?I...age=2&mark=599 This is the link to RAF Honington with ai aircraft and traffic by Phil of UKMIL. It was created over 10 years ago but still nice.

Members who have read this thread: 5