Wanted Scenery with dynamic lighting

Thread: Wanted Scenery with dynamic lighting

Wanted Scenery with dynamic lighting

Interested in trying other sceneries (airports) that feature dynamic lighting that features hangers with lights the illuminate aircraft parked inside or on tarmac.
    I came to the dance a little late on the Dynamic lighting concept. I hear that P3Dv4 supported it first. At that time I was withP3DV3 which did not support
    DL. I have KSAN from LATINVFR which does support DL and looking for other airports large or small pref freeware but payware is okay. I bought KMEM from
    FSDT back in 2016 and they don't support DL (which I found out the hard way).

My (Milviz/payware) KBAB has a lot of DLs both inside hangars and outside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	85088

Name:	42.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	85089

If you're a bit patient it is coming for MSFS too. The effect there is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    My (Milviz/payware) KBAB has a lot of DLs both inside hangars and outside.

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	85088

Name:	42.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	85089

If you're a bit patient it is coming for MSFS too. The effect there is even better.
    Thanks for the tip. I was about to post another thread about how on some sceneries where any aircraft parked inside lighted hangers or near lighting on tarmac
    do not illuminate - They are just dark. I've seen chatter on P3D site about that and some/most seem to claim that the dev of that scenery did not use dynamic
    lighting. I seem to agrees as I have LATINVFG KSAN and parked aircraft near lighted tarmac areas do illuminate. Examples

This is a freeware airport in UK Briggin hill EGHB a- freeware at avsim - in night setting

Same place switiched to day mode.

Latin VFR KSAN night mode.

I do have Dynamic lighting enabled and did refresh my shaders
    Last edited by gray eagle; November 14th, 2021 at 08:56.

Apparently the freeware EGHB does not use dynamic lights but only night textures to "fake" the lights. Much easier on frames and works great but does no illuminate objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Apparently the freeware EGHB does not use dynamic lights but only night textures to "fake" the lights. Much easier on frames and works great but does no illuminate objects.
    Thanks for the input. So from the screens I've posted it's the scenery (devs) and not P3D issue. I've been surfin' for airports that do support DL and not finding anything
    that fits that criteria.

Some further experimenting in that hangar at Biggin bears this out. My original post in another thread was probably taken at dusk so the aircraft was a bit more lit up.

Night

Dusk

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Have no issues with KSAN at night. I don't use Tomato or other "shade enhancers" either.
    I'm inclined to believe it's the Dev's incorporation of true DL in their sceneries.
    Notice the reflection of the overhead lights off the aircraft fuselage. Don't see that in ^.
    I'm interested in effects such as this with other airports (big or private)

Beale certainly does have Dynamic lighting. I may be wrong, I haven't tested it, but for DL to work doesn't the aircraft need PBR textures, as well as the scenery having DL set up?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    Beale certainly does have Dynamic lighting. I may be wrong, I haven't tested it, but for DL to work doesn't the aircraft need PBR textures, as well as the scenery having DL set up?

I don't think so, as I use non PBR aircraft in P3D V4.5 at airports that support DL and the lights will illuminate non PBR aircraft just the same.

Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Have no issues with KSAN at night. I don't use Tomato or other "shade enhancers" either.
    I'm inclined to believe it's the Dev's incorporation of true DL in their sceneries.
    Notice the reflection of the overhead lights off the aircraft fuselage. Don't see that in ^.
    I'm interested in effects such as this with other airports (big or private)
    It is definitely the Dev’s choice, nothing to do with your settings. Also the illumination effect works on objects regardless of PBR.

Just to clarify, dynamic lights are effects that create the illumination around them or on the surfaces they are pointed at if they are defined as “cones”. They also bring out the bump map details on materials that have them. They do not create shadows unfortunately as you can see below the plane.

The light “flashes” you see on the lamps and you see reflected on the plane surface are either different effects or modeled objects.

DLs may be hard on frames on older rigs so devs try to keep them minimized and use night textures when there is no need to illuminate objects.

Thanks Dimus for clearing that up. ^

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I don't think so, as I use non PBR aircraft in P3D V4.5 at airports that support DL and the lights will illuminate non PBR aircraft just the same.

Case in point:
    Thanks for clarifying that, I'd been wondering if that was the case, but never got around to testing it as I keep P3D as stock as possible (except for Beale of course!).

I would recommend my RAF Brüggen, which comes with DL in most hangars and shelters, aprons, HAS areas etc.
    Big hangars and all open HAS have tons of stuff inside which is illuminated by DL...

Best regards, Manfred.

Inibuilds has a heap of Dynamic Lighting packages for payware and freeware airports that didn't originally come with them.

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/ca...amic-lighting/
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    Inibuilds has a heap of Dynamic Lighting packages for payware and freeware airports that didn't originally come with them.

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/ca...amic-lighting/
    Appreciate the link however, I was aware of that program and I found out that you also need their dynamic library effect folder as well and that overrides all your effects in P3D.
    I think I will pass on that but thanks just the same.

Members who have read this thread: 0