Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Native S2F3AT (S2T) Tracker Work in Progress

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    thanks for the update Tankerguy, hey Scorch you hear anything for a FFX proggy for MSFS?
    I haven't. It's sadly been quiet in that realm for quite a while, but I keep my eyes and ears open. I have been in contact with private training companies that are looking into MSFS, but they are largely still using P3D due to the nature of how MSFS is at the moment, not exactly great for supporting training operations with MSFS yet from what I understand, but maybe in a few years. Who knows there. But those companies aren't looking for public use unfortunately. I think at this juncture we're looking at a user defined aircraft with particle effects. Unless Microsoft/Asobo actually builds into it wildfires and updates them via their active real time weather engine. Much how like FFX did with the MODIS Data, etc.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Hype Performance group is taking a step into this area with their H145 with a Bambi Bucket. They have a program that you run along side the sim and can place fires anywhere you wish along with placing a pool to dip out of. You can apparently extinguish the fires with the water drops but I have really tried it out yet. The downside is I believe it only works with the 145.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Hype Performance group is taking a step into this area with their H145 with a Bambi Bucket. They have a program that you run along side the sim and can place fires anywhere you wish along with placing a pool to dip out of. You can apparently extinguish the fires with the water drops but I have really tried it out yet. The downside is I believe it only works with the 145.

Ahh, well that's at least a move in the right direction. I'll have to look at it out of curiosity. Haven't jumped to MSFS yet obviously, but it will be soon. Maybe there will be a way to put that to a wider use in the sim, since they've proven it's at least possible to place and extinguish fires. Even placing dip sites.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch00 View Post
    Ahh, well that's at least a move in the right direction. I'll have to look at it out of curiosity. Haven't jumped to MSFS yet obviously, but it will be soon. Maybe there will be a way to put that to a wider use in the sim, since they've proven it's at least possible to place and extinguish fires. Even placing dip sites.
    Yeah definitely and you need to make the jump to MSFS so you can be on the test team! Dude your modelling is improving so much! Those tanks on the S64 are top notch.

Good news on progress on the S2T. I have begun to figure out MSFS templates and naming and now have a fully functional 330 Transponder and 530 GPS. These have been holding me back for months so now I can focus on other things.

Excellent,
    Yeah I've been flying fire missions on the H 145 for now using their firefighting scenario editor for plotting IRL fires. Works for now.

HPG have done an incredible job with their H145, particularly the Action Pack. Beyond just adding a fire and a pool, you can also add emergency vehicles, vehicle accident sites, road barriers, flares, humans etc. Beyond that, both the fire and EMS (and eventually the SAR and military) versions have a sort of mission generator you can use right from the tablet in the cockpit. It's great, I've been doing a lot of EMS flights, you just load into whatever airport you want, select mission type, select range, and it will automatically spawn in a car accident site with emergency vehicles and other props. Once you load your patient into the chopper, you'll be directed to the nearest hospital where you can then unload your patient.

The Bambi bucket does function correctly for the most part. The only issue I really have with it, is that when you load the bucket, the weight of the water is instantly added when the bucket is submerged, rather than when you pull it out of the water. Still in Beta so a lot of room for improvement but it's the most fun I've had flying in quite some time, it really gave a purpose to my flying.

I think NeoFly also has similar functionality, though I haven't used it all that much as I found the interface to be really poor and as I understand it, it's not quite as good as HPG's implementation. But the functionality is there, it does work for any aircraft, I'll have to do dig into it more once the Tracker is released.

The cockpit is looking spectacular. Really, really, outstanding work. It's like I'm in the plane, looking at the panel, in that pic.

As I move ahead with this model I keep looking for ways to improve and bring the most realistic rendition of S2T to the sim. I want to add little details even if they may go unnoticed. I was doing some test flights the other evening and began to look at the yokes. They didnt sit right with me so I decided to remove and completely remodel them. The result was very much worth it as you can see. As much as I want to push this out the door and release it I do not want to release something unfinished and not up to MSFS standards.

Er, I don't think you'll have to worry about this not being up to MSFS standard. Holy ####.

Amazing look and your work! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Your modeling work isn't anything short of superb. But you have to finish it one day, or you'll never get to the Privateer!

Thanks much appreciated.

I would love to get my new Privateer working in MSFS but I dare not start another project and get side tracked haha.

Oh, wow. I hadn't realized you had already started it. At least I know once you're working on it, I'll have the S2F3AT to tide me over.

Yeah I had started it about 4 years ago but the S2T won in taking my attention. I also have the C-123 project on the back burner. That one would look great in MSFS also. Too much to do an not enough time.

Here is a shot of the retardant tank display. It shows the quantity of retardant/water in the tank (1200) The coverage level setting controlled by the rotary knob on the center pedestal (coverage level 3) and the drop quantity also controlled by a rotary knob on the pedestal.

Speechless...
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Man, your attention to detail is to be commended. I'm just hoping to be able to relearn to 3D model in Blender. Once I do, I'll only be using in game gauges that already exist. Mostly. That's the plan, anyway. With the LOD you have in that, actual fire bomber pilots could probably use it for training.

Here is a shot of the retardant tank display. It shows the quantity of retardant/water in the tank (1200) The coverage level setting controlled by the rotary knob on the center pedestal (coverage level 3) and the drop quantity also controlled by a rotary knob on the pedestal.

Dude, I think this looks spectacular. Defo MSFS quality. Would love to have it in my Hanger before Santa Ana season begins.

Progress

Hi, I was just curious, do you think the S2 will go into testing/release before the end of the year? Photos look great! Can't wait to see more!
    - Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joetrill View Post
    Hi, I was just curious, do you think the S2 will go into testing/release before the end of the year? Photos look great! Can't wait to see more!
    - Joe
    Thanks everyone. I am hoping to have it in testing before the end of the year. Progress has been held up this week. The large and deadly Fairview Fire is burning here on the south side of our town. It broke out Monday afternoon and has now consumed about 24,000 acres. The tankers and helicopters have been hitting it hard but this was the perfect storm of dense vegetation, 100 degree temps and erratic winds. Here are a few photos taken of them battling the blaze.

First, let me say those are amazing photos. Second, stay safe!

Hello Tankerguy72,
    We had some huge fires in France too this summer so I can't but associate to your statement!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

cool shot of T seven-two over the rocks,is the top one seven-two as well? im in utah now, and i miss seeing tankers,and honestly i miss firefighting,my last fire was in 1993 though lol.but back "home" is the Mosquito fire.as of 8pm on the 8th,it was 13,705 acres,it had been 6000+ in the morning,it doubled with the upslope winds.,crossed the middle fork of the american river and headed towards the town of volcano and threatening georgetown.pretty much destroyed the historic michigan bluff area,and is threatening westville and foresthill.i dont really miss it when i think of some of the things like swampass and the dehydration.. but the work i miss,as well as the visuals of just being in the middle of it,ive had to deploy a shake-n-bake three times,most FF's never have in long careers .ill bet most have never had to experiance swampass either. back then ,in my general area,our fire camps were just that,a camp,if we were lucky there would be a couple port-a-pottys brought in,we didnt have much food but CDF "lunches" and canned water supplied by budwieser.we just just slept on the ground,out wildland engine was a CDF type 4,with the jump seats in the back,as engineer,i got one of those lol.but trust me,im not complaining at all,i loved every minute of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    cool shot of T seven-two over the rocks,is the top one seven-two as well? im in utah now, and i miss seeing tankers,and honestly i miss firefighting,my last fire was in 1993 though lol.but back "home" is the Mosquito fire.as of 8pm on the 8th,it was 13,705 acres,it had been 6000+ in the morning,it doubled with the upslope winds.,crossed the middle fork of the american river and headed towards the town of volcano and threatening georgetown.pretty much destroyed the historic michigan bluff area,and is threatening westville and foresthill.i dont really miss it when i think of some of the things like swampass and the dehydration.. but the work i miss,as well as the visuals of just being in the middle of it,ive had to deploy a shake-n-bake three times,most FF's never have in long careers .ill bet most have never had to experiance swampass either. back then ,in my general area,our fire camps were just that,a camp,if we were lucky there would be a couple port-a-pottys brought in,we didnt have much food but CDF "lunches" and canned water supplied by budwieser.we just just slept on the ground,out wildland engine was a CDF type 4,with the jump seats in the back,as engineer,i got one of those lol.but trust me,im not complaining at all,i loved every minute of it!!
    Dang Dave,
    I probably know you. I remember those days too, back on the Stanislaus Complex of 1987 and the Budwieser canned waters. ( I still have a six pack in my Pantry). Lol. You remember the Siege of 1985? Wheeler, Gordo/Rat and the rest that summer?

Last two Big fires I was on in Tankerguy's area was the Soboba ,and the Esperanza fire that took out the Engine crew. That was a bad one. Retired in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by firerx View Post
    Dang Dave,

Last two Big fires I was on in Tankerguy's area was the Soboba ,and the Esperanza fire that took out the Engine crew. That was a bad one. Retired in 2010
    The Esperanza fire was a tough one. Still remember that day all too well. I worked with the Captains Mother in law at my last job.

Members who have read this thread: 133