So, now that we have a native Connie... - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: So, now that we have a native Connie...

Have it , love it. Would like some help on painting her for MSFS 2020. I did several A2A Connie paints and did a livery pack for Just Flight FSX Connie set. This one is calling but I am maybe too old too learn any complex new techniques

SOH-CM-2023
    Just bought the Connie because it was the first commercial airplane I flew in.

I've heard of there being several problems but mine are too basic to believe. Joystick buttons for gear and flaps don't work. Cabin actions for gear and flaps don't either. Is this a common problem with a known solution?
    Some basic functions such as brakes and throttle do work with joystick actions. Also the Joystick works correctly with all other planes.

Maybe downloading again will help but I'm rather frustrated and disappointed to think this would help.

How does one get help from Redwings?

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Just bought the Connie because it was the first commercial airplane I flew in.

I've heard of there being several problems but mine are too basic to believe. Joystick buttons for gear and flaps don't work. Cabin actions for gear and flaps don't either. Is this a common problem with a known solution?
    Some basic functions such as brakes and throttle do work with joystick actions. Also the Joystick works correctly with all other planes.

Maybe downloading again will help but I'm rather frustrated and disappointed to think this would help.

How does one get help from Redwings?
    Something in this thread may help you:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...tion/469617/80

T43

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks for that link, it may be helpful. I have found that because I've been starting a flight from a worldmap parking spot using a ctrl-e to start the engine gives me the problem I reported. If I start from a worldmap runway I'm able to use the gear and flap joystick actions successfully. I think it is a SU7 problem similar to another I wrote at ticket for to ASOBO.

If you want a quick start and want all electrics and hydraulics features for e.g. flaps and gear, first engage "Ready to fly" on EFB Electronic Flight Bag. Then all should work without going to all systems manually. Take care about engines - if overstressed, a slowly lost of power will get you in trouble. This feature ist great.

To do repaints is a real nightmare without having informations from developers. They are not out. I just published my second repaint of the Red Wing Connie, the Australian HARS VH-EAG of 2017 on https://flightsim.to/file/25066/l-10...on-vh-eag-2017

It is not perfect due of lack of texture mapping informations.

VHEAG2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

VHEAG4 by TiAr, auf Flickr

VHEAG3 by TiAr, auf Flickr

VHEAGneu2 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

SOH-CM-2023
    Version 1.5 announcement came 2 days after my initial purchase. The holidays surely have cut back on simming, but I'm impressed this thread has not mentioned 1.5. My first impressions of 1.5 are of better sounds and nice start up smoke. Some of my problems have been corrected some not. I blame Su6 for creating some of them and hope the next update will fix them. I'm happy Redwings continues improving the Connie and hope that it will become an MSFS fixture of acceptance.

I can't help but be prejudiced toward the Connie. On that first commercial flight in one I flew from Louisville to St Louis to Kansas through a nighttime horrendous lighting storm. The up and down drafts were fierce and sleeping through them near impossible. Landing in LA was a welcome stability. Thus I gained a deserved respect for both the plane and pilots.

SOH-CM-2023
    The holidays are over and I'm reviewing these Connie threads with a bit more care. They contain good information.

TiAr listed some very helpful info about quick starting the Connie using the cabin clipboard and selecting "Ready to fly" to activate systems that CTRL-E does not. Thanks much, TiAr, for that tip.

I downloaded TiAr's Columbine livery yesterday and am pleased. Very nice despite his difficulty with the repaint format.

Perhaps TiAr, Thomas, can reveal how he shown the co-pilot in the cockpit and externally. Would appreciate knowing how.

Jim

Cockpit_VC by TiAr, auf Flickr

Jim, look to the clipboard (Visibility Options). Pilot (only for screenshots exterior recommended) and Co-Pilots are workable. Flight Engineer or Navigator not (think they will como with stage III?)

Thomas

SOH-CM-2023
    Thomas, I should have looked better. Thanks for your tip.
    Similar but different faces on pilots.

Lufthansa Freighter D-ALUB 1964 WIP.

D-ALUB by TiAr, auf Flickr

Thomas

I would love to see it in Varig and Real colors

but it's too complicated for painting, i don't master Blender
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Read all the reviews, watched all the You Tubes...and still pulled the trigger, because I like Connies too (mainly the short nosed ones). Thoroughly unimpressed. Going to pull it out of the community folder, and consider it an investment in the future that **might** pay off down the road. Problem is, once you've flown the PMDG DC-6 a lot...you're spoiled.

We'll keep on eye on these guys and see how this product matures...

Kent

Nice one,love it
    but the lines does not match,see pic and i also i think it was the short nose?
    https://www.planepictures.net/v3/show.php?id=655958
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Hello everyone!

Switzerland also had 2 Connies, it was the HB-IBI and the HB-IBJ. Both aircraft were painted in the Swissair colors and were in Nierdland. Unfortunately, they never came to Switzerland and never in the possession of Swissair, which was a shame.

Here is a small excerpt from the book "Aircraft over five decades" by Armin Baltensweiler (* April 20, 1920, † February 12, 2009)

"After lengthy studies, which mainly related to a comparison between the tried and tested Lockheed Constellation L-049 and the DC-6 offered by Douglas, the management initially decided to take over two used Constellations from the Dutch KLM on a rental basis, this in the I intend to later place an order with Lockheed for two brand-new Constellation L-749s. Together with a cockpit crew from the Operations Department, I was delegated to Amsterdam to take over the rental aircraft and transfer them to Zurich. The two units were already carrying Swissair -Colors; the designations HB-IBI and HB-IBJ were chosen for matriculation. Shortly before our departure in the Netherlands, however, we received an invitation from Zurich to return home without an aircraft Swissair suddenly and drastically deteriorated. As a result, all e plans to acquire a new long-haul fleet suspended and the planning studies had to be restarted.

So Switzerland never got to own Connies. Because on June 24th 1951 the first DC-6 of Swissair was delivered.

Here is a model of a Connie in the Swissair livery, unfortunately there are no original pictures of the two machines.

https://www.aviationmarket.ch/pi/Mas...nf-hb-iby.html"
    I would also be very happy if a painter could take the time to paint one of the Swissair machines.

Have a nice Sunday... Chris... (Pirosch)

@Pirosch/Chris, Redwing is working on a better Swissair livery - I am quite sure, they put it on a shortnose. Same with Lufthansa Classic of the Fifties.

@Banjoman1960
    Yes you are right. My repaints are not accurate due to bad UVW-Mapping of parts. Only the blue/orange crane logos on tail are splitted into 16 different part sections on texture. Some are turned, some are mirrored. Some are not unique scaled. I am sure, with a repaintkit or with Blender, work is going much better - but it is not there. So it is a dirty try and error.

@Kent
    I am really happy with the flightdynamics - for me they are better than PMDG. It needs a closer look into manual. A comparison with the real manual shows amazing similarities here. Really good for an MSFS simulation. Sounds are now high level (WWise) with the updates. But I noticed some loops with power settings. But overall they are great. Systems now are working great with step II and updates - only hydraulics and oil-management are not PMDG benchmark. I hope, that will come as announced with step III and IV.

Anyway, my Lufthansa Freighter state 1964 and Qantas state 1960 liveries are published. Hope you like them.

https://de.flightsim.to/file/25974/l...sa-d-alub-1964

https://de.flightsim.to/file/26046/l...as-vh-eab-1960

Thomas

Moin Thomas,
    they look great,i have try to do the short Nose
    https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/D-ALIN
    there are more,one was a Airfrance...
    were nice to have this,i like the short Nose a lot more,i did a LH Paint for the P3D A2A.
    also i did the PMDG DC6 https://de.flightsim.to/file/17016/pmdg-dc-6b-lufthansa
    Grüße aus Düsseldorf

Regards Ralf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 67407_1420146077.jpg   Unbenanntyosimitea.JPG  

Hi Thomas!

Thank you so much for the Infos. And i am very excited about the new Swissair paint from Redwing. I am now flying around the world with your great and cool Luftahansa Paint, because it is an absolutely beautiful livery.
    I wish you all a great start to the week

Chris/Pirosch

About the two mystery Switzerland Connies, Chris mentioned. Thanks for that info. Did HB-IBJ. It wears the Swissair colors of 1950. This repaint is nevertheless a fake, because the L-1040G is operating since 1954. It is my very first shortnose repaint. It seems, only front fuselage texture is different.

HB-IBJ1 by TiAr, auf Flickr

HB-IBJ4 by TiAr, auf Flickr

Hope you like this WIP

Thomas

Hello Thomas!

Now I'm really surprised to see a paint of the HB-IBJ. Even if it's a fake, you did a really good job of painting the HB-IBJ. Even if the story seems a bit mysterious, it's still nice to breathe a little life into it with this beautiful paint. Thank you very much for your work and painting. And that you go into my stories, great thing, I appreciate that. thank you.

And I am very happy to fly the HB-IBJ sometime in the MSFS.....

And you Thomas, and everyone else here have a nice Sunday.

Best regards, Chris/Pirosch.

SOH-CM-2023
    Having difficulty using and understanding how to use VOR/Glide to autoland the Connie.

In the TWA model the ILS frequency was set in the Overhead Panel. The entry was made in the popup area named NAV 1 STANDBY FREQ. with the adjacent switch ON.

Is there an ACTIVE frequency? I can't find one marked as such.

At these settings, when near the ILS/VOR, the needles appear in the Course Deviation Indicator and if flown manually can follow the beam down to landing.

Next the Flight Path Selector Switch was rotated to the Localizer & Glide position and the plane flown at an acute angle to intercept the beam with the AutoPilot turned ON. The Localizer and Guide Path yellow lights never illuminated.

When the plane approached the beam the horizontal needle moved in the correct direction but did not lock on and moved past the center.

What is missing from this procedure that fails to lock onto the beam? Thanks for any help.

Jim

Having difficulty using and understanding how to use VOR/Glide to autoland the Connie.

In the TWA model the ILS frequency was set in the Overhead Panel. The entry was made in the popup area named NAV 1 STANDBY FREQ. with the adjacent switch ON.

Is there an ACTIVE frequency? I can't find one marked as such.

At these settings, when near the ILS/VOR, the needles appear in the Course Deviation Indicator and if flown manually can follow the beam down to landing.

Next the Flight Path Selector Switch was rotated to the Localizer & Glide position and the plane flown at an acute angle to intercept the beam with the AutoPilot turned ON. The Localizer and Guide Path yellow lights never illuminated.

When the plane approached the beam the horizontal needle moved in the correct direction but did not lock on and moved past the center.

What is missing from this procedure that fails to lock onto the beam? Thanks for any help.

Jim
    I also need a guide or video on how to use the autopilot in this plane. I downloaded the manual but no info there.

SOH-CM-2023
    This helps but did not solve my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WudCSUJDxE0

Perhaps the A/P does not work. Also looking for an update that might fix.

Jim

This helps but did not solve my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WudCSUJDxE0

Perhaps the A/P does not work. Also looking for an update that might fix.

Jim
    For me it works, my problem is to find working VORs in MSFS. Page 72 of the manual gives a lot of information. Did you set the flight director knob 74 correctly? If you forget to set it the autopilot remains of heading and altitude. There is no switching of an active frequency, just NAV1 and NAV2. The frequency set is active. I think the NAV1 is linked to blue and NAV2 to yellow on page 72.

Members who have read this thread: 153