Does the Sim kill you off after 30 minutes of inactivity?

Thread: Does the Sim kill you off after 30 minutes of inactivity?

Does the Sim kill you off after 30 minutes of inactivity?

Whilst working on the Port Moresby- Kokoda area of scenery, I've taken the occasional break & flown the route using Maskrider's old Kokoda Track mission.

In this mission you sit on the runway at Jackson 7-mile & use track view to follow a C-47 "Biscuit Bomber" as it flies the Trail from Port Moresby, through Kokoda & onto Buna.

Every time I run this mission, the Sim reports "player killed in a crash" after 30 minutes or so.

This happens whether I start my engines & sit on the runway, or as instructed, don't start my engines & sit on the runway. It seems to "invent" a crash to finish the mission after the half-hour of (player) inactivity.

I created a modified version of this mission, & had the player P-38 air-start. Using CFO Weather's autopilot function I was able to set it to cruise high above the terrain on a fixed heading. This allowed me to use Track View to follow the C-47 "Biscuit Bomber" on it's journey to Buna, using the same route & waypoints as in the original Biscuit Bomber mission.

It was a perfect flight, with no issues. I'm assuming the sim counts the autopilot-guided flight as still "player activity" & so it didn't kill me off after 30 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a setting that can turn off this apparent 30 minute inactivity kill switch?

Icon22 Reply...

UncleTgt,

I know the autopilot keeps the game on in flight. On the run from Benghazi to Ploesti and Weiner Neustadt, (Tidal Wave and Juggler) you set up the altitude and heading, flying at 4x rate for long stretches over the Mediterranean.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

I haven't seen this. I once was called away in real life at the start of a mission and forgot to turn the computer off. I came back that night and was still sitting on the runway out of fuel. The time had passed in the game and it was then in the middle of the night (in the game) and pitch black whereas the mission began at sunrise. I've seen the same time passage thing happen in free flight while working on a new model.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Members who have read this thread: 0