Manfred jahn DC-3 base package for Prepar3d Version 5

Thread: Manfred jahn DC-3 base package for Prepar3d Version 5

Manfred jahn DC-3 base package for Prepar3d Version 5

Dear all, I am looking for the download of Mafred Jahn's DC-3 for P3D V5. I cannot find it in the library. Is it even available? Thanks in advance Andrew
    Per Ardua ad Astra

alehead - I may stand corrected but the last version (non pbr) that was released was V3.14 see here which should give you version 1406 when you look at the config and readme notes:

Add-Ons Library - FSX Military Props - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D Douglas C-47R Skytrain V3.14 Beta.zip - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)

MJahn and the team who did it also released a version for that included GCA and there is a minor patch or fix issued for the same one (Add-Ons Library - FSX Military Props - Douglas_C- 47_Beta_V3.14_Fixes.zip - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)

The PBR version is also available: Add-Ons Library - P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft - P3D v4.5 Douglas C47 RAF KN660.zip - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)

FWIW I had no problems with older liveries done for the first versions of the Skytrain that came out (back to V3.12 etc) going into V3.14 you just need to change the model designation in the config file and there are some fixes required for the nose textures that are also around. You cannot however add non PBR liveries to the PBR version or reverse that is PBR into the non PBR as they require different models to work.

I have all of these packages combined and at last count some 90 liveries all installed in P3DV5.2 and no issues with any of them at all. Still one of the best models done for flight sim and a credit to Manfred and all the other people who helped with this one.

There is also the pointy nose - ski version available as well but I do not have a link but it is here in the library too.

There is o of course the Super DC-3 (C-117D) as well again a separate package:
    Add-Ons Library - P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft - FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V3.zip - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)

If you want different VC colourings and textures there were plenty done of those as well, black, blue, grey VC's etc, just need to look for them thats all. As you can see the C-47 is well and truly covered and I still rate it as one of the best models ever done for Flight Sim. I fly it regularly in the sim with the virtual airline DC-3 Airways.

Here it is in P3DV5.2 (Las Palmas in the Canary Islands)

Members who have read this thread: 17