C-17 Virtual Operations Group and Native MSFS C-17

Thread: C-17 Virtual Operations Group and Native MSFS C-17

C-17 Virtual Operations Group and Native MSFS C-17

Hey all. I recently joined the Virtual C-17 Operations Group on Discord. Great bunch of people made up of current and ex USAF ATC, load masters, tanker crew, and other USAF members, as well as civvie simmers. They have just started a few weeks back, but they aim to create a fun atmosphere and to recreate realistic training missions and transport and tanker flights. They plan on having formation flights, and are in fact having one this Sunday out of KLTS, Altus AFB, where most of the training routes are conducted from. I have never been big in to multiplayer myself, but being a fan of the C-17, this group attracted my interest, and this group has a lot going for it, aiming to have fun simming while recreating real world cargo and tanker ops. It has been a lot of fun so far.

They are currently using the brilliant freeware, native MSFS C-17 being created by Destroyer121, available at Flightsim.to. I believe there will also be tanker ops, with a KC-135 that was available (seems to have been taken down now) and a KC-10 which is in development, and is looking great.

See this post at the MSFS forum for more info, and the original post from the founder, Ashley.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...s-group/466867

Or here is a direct link to the Discord channel. Drop in to the newcomers area to have a chat and one of the mods will give you access to the other areas.

https://discord.gg/rupAJRjv4T

Here is a quick vid showing the current V0.8 of the C-17, which was just released a couple of days ago.

https://youtu.be/oE4QmwgSWvs

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

His H-60 project was the one that pushed me to get MSFS, then I found out about his C-17 and have been flying it. Fits my desire to fly mil trainers and transports in this sim.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Is there a public link to download the plane?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    https://flightsim.to/file/12408/msfs...17-globemaster
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Haha. Beat me by a minute Rob.We have just been figuring out you can get some good results with the C-17 autopilot using key commands for LNAV and if you want a bit more control over the flight plan you can install the freeware GTN750.

Being a former tanker guy and retired out of the Altus schoolhouse, I'd be interested in this. I missed the KC-135 d/l, so hoping it might reappear. I'm curious how it looks and feels. Thanks!
    I pass gas!

Hi Tom,

Saw your post over on the MSFS forum about not being able to post on the C-17 Group. I believe they have it set up so you need to just jump in the newcomers section first to say hi, and then the mods would give you access to the rest of the channels. Probably just to stop spammers or bots. I saw Ashley actually tagged you earlier, probably in the newcomers section. It looks like you have joined the group successfully, as I can see your name in the list of members.

Re the email is already registered error message, that seems to be a Discord thing and not a channel thing. I just goggled it and it just says you would see that if you tried to create a second Discord account with the same email address. You seem to have been logged in though, because you have joined the group.

Cheers,

It shows me logged in at the bottom-left of the page, but I still couldn't post. That group's admin replied there to try the mobile app, but I have enough garbage on my phone as it is.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It shows me logged in at the bottom-left of the page, but I still couldn't post. That group's admin replied there to try the mobile app, but I have enough garbage on my phone as it is.
    Hi Tom,

You can get the Discord app/program on your desktop. It seems to work much better than the web based Discord. It does for me at least, as I usually can't even join groups on the website, but have no issues with the app.

I may try it this weekend. I just got home from working with a client with a 'puter that refused to be repaired and my brain is tired.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

There's a new version of the C-17, v3.0 with a completely new 3D model, better avionics, etc. on GitHub. It's not on FS.to, so guessing maybe they're among the devs who moved off the platform after the recent bruhaha.

https://github.com/Delta-Simulations...eases/tag/V3.0

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    It's not on FS.to, so guessing maybe they're among the devs who moved off the platform after the recent bruhaha.
    For some people it is a brouhaha, for others maintaining morals - no more, no less.
    Best regards, Manfred.

How do I get all the throttles to work?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Members who have read this thread: 78