Payware USS George H. Bush released

Thread: Payware USS George H. Bush released

Payware USS George H. Bush released

This showed up on Flightsim.to this morning. I immediately commented that they needed to remove the USAF aircraft from the flight deck! Others noticed it as well, and added comments. They are re-issuing the model sometime today! NC

https://flightsim.to/product/22759/u...sh-cvn-77-msfs
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; October 30th, 2021 at 13:44. Reason: Link fixed

F-16s on the flight deck make me think the research that went into this was (1) buying a 3D model of the carrier, and (2) converting the model and textures to MSFS format. Anyone passionate about the subject matter wouldn't make that mistake.

The bundled software for catapult/arrestor support is just a version of Kinetic Assistant. And it doesn't move (due to MSFS limitations at the moment that will hopefully be fixed with the Top Gun release, if not sooner.)

Thanks, but I'll stick with the awesome SuperSpud packs on FlightSim.to. They look great, they also don't move and require Kinetic Assistant, and they're free.

Good call NC, very cringe to see that in the release screenshots. At the very least put the DC Designs Tomcat on deck.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I saw at least two shots with an F-15 on deck too.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I saw at least two shots with an F-15 on deck too.
    Not any more! The designer replaced USAF birds with Hornets and F-35s😁

Btw.

"We are replacing the F-16s by F/A-18s, update releasing today".
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Pretty sure the F-15 was just the plane they landed on the carrier, not part of the scenery, given where it's parked.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Pretty sure the F-15 was just the plane they landed on the carrier, not part of the scenery, given where it's parked.
    Yes, its DC Design model but this is an obvious mistake to do it on screenshots even if talk about test only.

Btw. can this carrier sail as AI or its only static ship?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Its just static YoYo!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Because of the present limitations of MSFS, yes, the ships are stationary only. I don't mind. The visuals are still worth it. If I need moving carriers, no problem, I simply boot up P3D for now. NC

I just emailed the developer to ask why the ship has to sit so high in the ocean. Looks like it is in dry dock. NC https://flic.kr/p/2mFNYo6 https://flic.kr/p/2mFKHXr
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; November 1st, 2021 at 11:06. Reason: Fixed links

Blog Entries
    As to the USAF planes landing on caarrier, that is an easy explantation.

You see, we former USAF pilots have been practicing landing on the DCS carriers in order to get carrier qual. USAF woudn;t let us. Now we can, so we did.

All those USAF jets you see on the deck are ours. We just haven't figured how to take off yet, that is the next phase.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The developer's are very quick to respond to all emails, messages, etc... They fixed the static aircraft problem AND the ship above the waterline with a new update today.

Excellent customer service!

NC

Chief, what do you use for arresting and launching? That payware HDS carrier module?

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I just emailed the developer to ask why the ship has to sit so high in the ocean. Looks like it is in dry dock. NC https://flic.kr/p/2mFNYo6 https://flic.kr/p/2mFKHXr
    It needs ballast!

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    As to the USAF planes landing on caarrier, that is an easy explantation.

You see, we former USAF pilots have been practicing landing on the DCS carriers in order to get carrier qual. USAF woudn;t let us. Now we can, so we did.

All those USAF jets you see on the deck are ours. We just haven't figured how to take off yet, that is the next phase.
    Hold the brakes, max out the go-juice, pull the stick as far into your crotch as you can, release the brakes, and pray!
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    It needs ballast!

Hold the brakes, max out the go-juice, pull the stick as far into your crotch as you can, release the brakes, and pray!

That is fixed now!

Members who have read this thread: 0