Msfs newb kinda

Thread: Msfs newb kinda

Msfs newb kinda

Hey All,

Total newb to flightsimming!! Well maybe not so much but I am a total newb to msfs2020.

Back story is: I've been near two years without a computer just phones and a tablet. Computer(s) died of old age I believe but I still have the boxes and I believe the HDDs are fine. Been wanting to build a higher end machine but prices and parts too high I think or unavailable. I'm not paying $2000 for a $1000 or Less video card. Maybe I'm too stubborn. That said in a moment of weakness I did buy an Asus laptop - 3060 graphics. 5800h CPU 500gb an empty M2 slot. I'll put a 2 terra in it.

Meanwhile I did buy msfs 2020 premium deluxe on sale an could install standard an deluxe. I'll move it to M2 but wanted to get in the air. No joy yet as another snag has popped up - no support for my beloved saitek cyborg evo. A whole new challenge tryin to map by hand not knowing button numbers or anything. Any of you done this?

Also upgraded my 75 Mbits per sec internet to 300 an unlimited data. Is that enough? Can go to a thousand or more down but more money.

It looks like the sim has great potential.and has a good selection of aircraft and I see air hauler for msfs 2020 is available. I like playing that.

Hopefully I can get this program working on at least medium settings as I continue to get parts for a higher end desktop.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Welcome, Ed!

300 with unlimited data is plenty for MSFS.

I think I have a similar Asus to you. Sounds like you might be using the Zephyrus G15? I have the M16, similar except an Intel CPU and worse battery life (but built-in webcam).

Anyway, once you get the Saitek mapped you'll find MSFS should perform well on that notebook with pretty high settings.

On the mapping, you can have it detect the buttons, so you don't need to know the button numbers.

Mapping manually is not bad. There's a search by input function where you can press a button and the sim will tell you what it's mapped to, if anything. To map it to something else, set the filter at the bottom left to All, then search the list of mappable controls for what you want. Click one of the two blanks for that function (you can set two different inputs for the same function), then click in the Start Scanning field and press the button you want for that function. You can also have one input do more than one thing (like raise gear and flaps at the same time with one button), so if it's already mapped to something else, you may want to go back and delete the current mapping first.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0