Just Flight Hawk Available

Thread: Just Flight Hawk Available

Blog Entries

Just Flight Hawk Available

I just received an email from Just Fight. The Hawk is for sale.

Just Flight - Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer (for MSFS)
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

It is indeed, and those of us who had the version for the legacy sims get a 10€ reduction!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

those of us who had the version for the legacy sims get a 10€ reduction!!
    Unless you had the X-plane version, though of course this is a completely new development...

It's a fine model, plenty of systems depth, has preselect aircraft states which allow quick start/shutdown or you can follow the flows to do realistic startup/shutdowns. Flies very nicely as well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3557).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	84775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3550).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	84774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3552).jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	84773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (3544).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	84772

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Newly listed updates to the Hawk. (ColoKent, take note, they added the export 100 gallon drop take to this update!).

• EFB tablet can now be toggled between two positions for better usability in VR - ejection seat (as before) or above the right console - using a clickspot on the outer edge (bezel) of the EFB tablet.
    • EFB tablet will now move between the front and rear cockpits automatically when the corresponding cockpit is selected from the camera menu
    • 'TOGGLE ENGINE 1/2/3 ANTI ICE' and 'SET ENGINE 1/2/3 ANTI ICE' control assignments can now be used to toggle the Red Arrows smoke colours
    • Front or rear seat pilot is now visible whilst in the cockpit view (pilot being shown is toggled automatically based on whether the front or rear seat camera is selected)
    • EFB control (front/rear) button will now switch you automatically between the front and rear cockpit camera views (can also be selected using the 'TOGGLE ENGINE 4 ANTI ICE' and 'SET ENGINE 4 ANTI ICE' control assignments)
    • 'TOGGLE ENGINE 1 FUEL VALVE' and 'SET ENGINE 1 FUEL VALVE' control assignments can now be used to control the throttle idle stop lever position
    • ILS frequency selector clickspot highlights fixed (now only the selector wheel is highlighted)
    • New cockpit showcase camera presets added (front pilot looking aft, over front pilot shoulder, over front pilot ejection seat, over left and right wings)
    • Cockpit lighting brightness reduced for night flying operations
    • EFB rear pilot option is now automatically enabled or disabled if changes are made to the co-pilot weight value in the MSFS fuel/payload menu
    • OAT is now shown on the top bar of the EFB (Fahrenheit or Celsius depending on selected MSFS unit of measure)
    • 100 Imp Gal (454 L) drop tank option added for longer range flights. Note that in real-life these were fitted to export variants and not the RAF Hawk T1/A. The drop tank fuel feeds automatically through the wing tanks and to the engine. Make sure to check the total weight on the EFB as it's easy to exceed the take-off and landing weight limits with two drop tanks and full fuel!
    • Pilot head movement is now affected by rudder/steering position on the ground
    • EFB VR clickspot fixed
    • Pilot name decal texture added, allowing you to have your own name showing on the Red Arrows 2021 custom livery (PSD template included in Documents folder)
    • Red Arrow flight suits are now red

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Impressive change log. Going to make a superb aircraft even better.
    Excellent example of listening to customer feedback. Other Devs should take note.
    Now about the Tornado...

Blog Entries
    I have the latest download from Just flight. I like the aircraft model. It flies well. I hate the manual, it is basically a reprint of the Dash-1. Such manuals are too complacted for cassual users of the jet. Give me an easy to use quick list and the manual for diving deeper, if needed.

I have three commnets on items that either need to be fixed, or I need to learn them INS will not go below 110.00 mhz. I should be 108-112 mz. Not being able to dial in a freq below makes it useless to me for any IFR. Secondary, I cannot read the tablet in VR. It is too small, I have never been able to move it or enlarge the table, so that I can read it.

Lastlty, Everytime I pull the throttle back to idle I loose the generator and primary ADI. Is this a feature of the real airplaine? If so, it seems to me to be pretty poor engineering.

Just my thoughts. Other than the above I like the airplane. IMO it flies better than Deno's T-45, which I find to be sad. I like the T-45. I use to fly it in FSX/PD3 and still fly it in DCS. To me the Hawk is superior in MSFS.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Decided to take the discount and get the Hawk after watching a few videos. I also have Dino's T-45C, like jmig flew it all the way through P3Dv4 and glad Dino's team brought it to MSFS. While I wait for proper boat ops for the Goshawk (at this point in time nothing matches DCS), will be fun to run the Mach Loop RAF style.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I have the latest download from Just flight. I like the aircraft model. It flies well. I hate the manual, it is basically a reprint of the Dash-1. Such manuals are too complacted for cassual users of the jet. Give me an easy to use quick list and the manual for diving deeper, if needed.
    This might help, put together as a truncated reference by someone who has flown the real aircraft, it also has links at the end to real life documents.
    http://www.cgaviator.co.uk/wp-conten...T1-QR-v1.0.pdf

Check out his video here, you might get answers to specific Hawk questions you might have using the comments section https://youtu.be/GWESmVYth1Q

Members who have read this thread: 0