MSFS coming soon...

Thread: MSFS coming soon...

MSFS coming soon...

A slew of additional stuff coming our way. But it figures that I just purchased the Milviz PC-6. No worries, as I'm very happy to support Milviz - it's just that I don't care for having redundant add-ons. One version of something is good for me.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/comi...pa_bp1CU4-FIKU
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    A slew of additional stuff coming our way. But it figures that I just purchased the Milviz PC-6. No worries, as I'm very happy to support Milviz - it's just that I don't care for having redundant add-ons. One version of something is good for me.

Thanks for the link.
    Quite a lot in that one.
    Diary Nov. 18.
    TG

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post

But to get it you have to have the "game of the year" edition. Me thinks ya gonna have to pay even more for that. Another money grab from Microsoft. Reno Air Races are certain to be a payware extension.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    But to get it you have to have the "game of the year" edition. Me thinks ya gonna have to pay even more for that. Another money grab from Microsoft. Reno Air Races are certain to be a payware extension.
    I've seen that the game of the year edition is free to current owners.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Straight from the MSFS Facebook page, the "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition" will be a free addition to all current owners of the sim.

The Reno Air Races addon, if you want all 40 individual aircraft (a must have for me), the cost will be $60, as announced today. Each of those 40 aircraft have their own, very individually unique/different, internal and external models and textures, and quite possibly each their own flight dynamics and sounds. If you only need to have one of each of the aircraft types (4 aircraft), the addon will cost you only $20. https://www.flightsimulator.com/reno...VK53wFtHbniOIM

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Straight from the MSFS Facebook page, the "Microsoft Flight Simulator: Game of the Year Edition" will be a free addition to all current owners of the sim.

The Reno Air Races addon, if you want all 40 individual aircraft (a must have for me), the cost will be $60, as announced today. Each of those 40 aircraft have their own, very individually unique/different, internal and external models and textures, and quite possibly each their own flight dynamics and sounds. If you only need to have one of each of the aircraft types (4 aircraft), the addon will cost you only $20. https://www.flightsimulator.com/reno...VK53wFtHbniOIM
    Well that's good to know, thanks. I was following the announcment on the twitter feed, with no mention of Free to current owners.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

What it says to me is that they have a totally cavalier approach to 3rd party developers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    What it says to me is that they have a totally cavalier approach to 3rd party developers.
    When I was a kid, we had a saying; "Want your cake and eat it too".
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yes it is a bit like that. We still have "we're really going to support 3rd Party developers this time around" ringing in our ears...

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I've been waiting for a Strega or Voodoo for a long, long time. Can't recall any devs picking up that baton. This looks epic, although I may be just as excited for the P-51A.

Blog Entries

Need new MODEM

Well, it will be a few days before I download the new update. my modem lost its Entranet abilities. Both my Flightsim computer and this one were hardwired to the modem. The Wifi still works but not the entranet cables. Windows was able to update on the flightsim computer but MSFS keeps losing the connection. I ordered a new modem, since I perfer hardwired, but it will be next week before it comes in.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I'm rather underwhelmed by the package but I would be tempted to stump up for the (sadly overlooked) Allison Mustang.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I'm with you. I probably go for three planes, a stock D, the A and one of the T-6's. Absolutely no interest in more Pitts and the L-39 is also very low on my wanted list. Still, 3 aircraft for 60 is not such a bad deal..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 0