Trouble with 'sound' flak guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble with 'sound' flak guns

So while dealing with the, so far, unsolvable problems here, I was looking to replace the P47 .50 cal gun sound with one of mine to see if I could replicate Joost's findings. The P47 calls for 50calBrowningM2_gun and that calls for SoundName="c50". No such sound exists anywhere! There are 50gun.wav and 50gun_01.wav and that's it!

In nay case, when I replace the 50gun_01.wav original sound with one of mine, in the pit, silence, while outside the original .50 cal sound.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    So while dealing with the, so far, unsolvable problems here, I was looking to replace the P47 .50 cal gun sound with one of mine to see if I could replicate Joost's findings. The P47 calls for 50calBrowningM2_gun and that calls for SoundName="c50". No such sound exists anywhere! There are 50gun.wav and 50gun_01.wav and that's it! In nay case, when I replace the 50gun_01.wav original sound with one of mine, in the pit, silence, while outside the original .50 cal sound.
    The call for "SoundName=" does not refer to a .wav file directly. You'll find the "c50" entry in the 'sounds.xml' file, where it refers to the "50gun_01.wav" you have in your install... How did you replace the original .50cal sound? I made a copy of the original .50cal sound file for safekeeping, renamed one of the files I altered for you to "50gun_01.wav" and dropped it in the folder, overwriting the one that was there. That worked on my rig.

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

I put one of my files renames and at the same Hz into the install, overwriting the original. I have other installs to put back the original. Checked again today. Silence in the 'pit and regular .50 cal sounds in external view. See also email to you.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

You got mail!

Your trouble mostly seems to boil down to incorrect references and/or typos in the .xdp files. If you correct these, you're one step closer

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Members who have read this thread: 0