Windows 11 Anyone?

Thread: Windows 11 Anyone?

Windows 11 Anyone?

This afternoon decided to install W11. Went smoothly, just a problem with a Gov app that I had to removed. No time yet to see all new stuff, but regarding MSFS only have to readjust parameters again to Ultra. Loading time think it's the same. Takes ages but my community folder is now 119 Gb. Worked perfectly, think a little bit faster loading after we choose airport and plane. No problems at all.
    Regarding OS this one is much, much faster than W10. The looks, a question of personal taste, prefer W11 now will have to learn but it´s not different to work with.
    Regards

Good to hear as I am sure many are concerned about this considering the past OS changes. Hopefully it will go well with most end users. I will be glad to hear every experience & opinion on this before I make the jump.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You mean they finally broke the "every other release" curse?
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

As long as your machine is 'new', you're good to go to W11.

If not, ....well, you've got 'till Oct.14, 2025 to build one, I guess.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    You mean they finally broke the "every other release" curse?
    "A curse isn't a curse until it's said aloud..."

Now you've done it, Tom!

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    As long as your machine is 'new', you're good to go to W11.

If not, ....well, you've got 'till Oct.14, 2025 to build one, I guess.
    yep, my cpu is one generation too old. I've read there's a way to still install it but there are no guarantees of support, patches, etc so I'm not going to even attempt it. I'm guessing I'll have a new PC by 2025.

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    yep, my cpu is one generation too old. I've read there's a way to still install it but there are no guarantees of support, patches, etc so I'm not going to even attempt it. I'm guessing I'll have a new PC by 2025.

- dcc
    Maybe they'll expand the range of compatible cpu's soon. I have an i5-7600k which seems to meet all the Windows 11 requirements, yet it isn't on the compatible cpu list.

About specs...regarding motherboard, mine is Asus wich provided a new BIOS to make it eligible, ok. CPU, saw a list not good, another one by Microsoft and there it was. Same with my wife's. Sure you know there's a Microsoft program to check isystems. This OS W11 is really something very, very good.
    Regards

I run Windows 10 Enterprise on my rig (present from my employer), so I'll have to wait for the new one. it will turn up on MS VLC in a while, I'll do a clean install of my rig at that time.

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Members who have read this thread: 0